NRG Seats

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Are any of y'all running NRG seats? I am wanting to ditch my heavy premium seats up front for some NRG's, as they are cheap and actually pretty damn comfy. My only question is, what are you guys doing for the rails? I'm sure the stock rails won't work, so I didn't know if anyone either modified the stock ones or used a different set of some kind.

These are the seats:
https://www.amazon.com/NRG-Fixed-Ba...id=1471809376&sr=8-1&keywords=nrg+seats+large

Thanks! :beer:

GBCoyote

Established Member
I'd save some cash and buy a set of Corbeau's at minimum. These cheaper seats tend to have issues. Buy once, cry once.

466roller

Established Member
I've been thinking about some lighter seats as well. I really like the Corbeau A4's. I agree with GBCoyote, the cheaper ones are tempting but it's probably better to spend a little more for a better quality seat. My car is my daily though

GBCoyote

Established Member
I have a set of Corbeau's LG1s and they are comfortable let enough to daily. I did for about 8 months before I got a DD. They make better seats, yes...but for the money, Corbeau's are going to atleast last you.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member

DaBigBone

Established Member
I've been looking at Braum and Corbeau for my setup... Something about those ones you posted and how cheap they are just doesn't sit well with me. Curious to how they hold up if you end up getting them.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I'm not sure if any of you have seen them/sat in the NRG's, but they're actually pretty damn nice especially for the price. I was skeptical as well until I sat in my friends in his G8 and I was sold.

They are 12-15lbs. Not sure why Amazon has them all listed at 50.

GBCoyote

Established Member
My question about the cheaper seats isn't necessarily comfort, it would be attention to the details. Is the stitching going to hold up? Is the material going to unravel around seat belt slots, especially near a submarine slot where it's most prone? Is the seat going to fold if the car flips? How do these mount without a proprietary track system like corbeau has, and is it going to be a hack job? If I had lots of money, I'd buy a set of Recaros or sparcos.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
The only reason I would buy factory Recaro's or something like that would be if I drove it everyday. I drive it on nice weekends only, typically, so I would assume they would last me just as long as what the more expensive ones would. They seem like pretty damn good quality really, I was impressed like I said. I found where they sell rails for these cars as well. Someone come buy my premium seats so I can buy these lol.

Users who are viewing this thread