NT05 mounting question

gtmuscle

Established Member
I just bought NT05 rears in 315/35/17 and mounted them on 10.5/17 rims.

the tire rubs the bolt on the sway bar. the end of my stock studs have 1/4 inch on the end of them with no threads. I have 1/4 inch spacers which seem to clear the bolt but the lugs wont go on. so what length studs do i need and will the 1/4 inch spacers work?

these tires are 1/2 inch wider than the NT555R drag radials

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post.

We do not recommend spacers but if you keep them, running ET lug nuts should eliminate the need for longer studs and is the cheaper option. See part number 21188ET in the link below. 10 turns on the studs is all you need to make sure they are seated correctly (with ET lugs or standard lugs)

Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories

Also, you can purchase a lower profile IRS bolt which should eliminate the need for the spacers and ET lugs all together :rockon:

Last edited:

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
how did it work out?

I just bought NT05 rears in 315/35/17 and mounted them on 10.5/17 rims.

the tire rubs the bolt on the sway bar. the end of my stock studs have 1/4 inch on the end of them with no threads. I have 1/4 inch spacers which seem to clear the bolt but the lugs wont go on. so what length studs do i need and will the 1/4 inch spacers work?

these tires are 1/2 inch wider than the NT555R drag radials

I am curious with these IRS bolts if you can do away with the spacers. I have goodyears on the back now, same profile as above but plan to switch to the NTO5's. If I can do away with the spacers I would prefer that, let us know how it worked out.:burnout:

gtmuscle

Established Member
Put on the low profile IRS bolts and everything was good. Spent $9.99 for two bolts and saved $79 on spacers.

Tires look great and are definitely wider than the 555DR's were.

I need to play with the air pressure in the rear as the spin a little with 32PSI in second and third.

Users who are viewing this thread