Numbers seem a but low.

anthonyg

Established Member
Got the car back for the Dyno shop. Here are a list of the mods:

Stock throttle body
Stock MAF with Diablo mafia set on 3
JLT gen 1 high boost fender mount intake
80lbs injectors seimens deka/ford racing
Gen 1 2.3 whipple with 3.5 upper and 4lb lower.
Port lower intake
Long tube headers
Kenne bell BAP

My tuner said my numbers are low cause the stock TB is holding me back. So I'm going to a single blade and going to a 3.25 upper. Car made 530/495. Boost was 16lbs and dropped to 14.5 A/F was 11.4-11.5 and timing was 19*. Any thoughts?

Mach828

Established Member
Dropping boost is a clear sign you have an intake restriction. I'd ditch the JLT fender intake and stock TB.

Mach828

Established Member
We picked up 3lbs from switching back to the stock intake vs the gen 1 jlt fender intake in my friends cobra on the dyno. Some have had good luck with the fender intakes though, so idk. Swap the TB and see if you pick up some boost.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Throw a Dragon tb on it and see how much that helps. I'm on a gen2 Whipple 2.3 with a Billetflow tb and stock intake tube with just a open element filter and my car was gaining boost towards the end of the pull at 6700. Of course your going to have to either buy a new elbow for the Whipple, or possibly have yours modified for the single blade.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Throw a Dragon tb on it and see how much that helps. I'm on a gen2 Whipple 2.3 with a Billetflow tb and stock intake tube with just a open element filter and my car was gaining boost towards the end of the pull at 6700. Of course your going to have to either buy a new elbow for the Whipple, or possibly have yours modified for the single blade.

The whipple elbows are not replaceable right? So op will have to modify his elbow or buy the twin bbk tb. I don't think it would run right throwing a single blade on there when the tb inlet is grooved for a twin tb.

Last edited:

anthonyg

Established Member
I plan on removing the center devider and relocating the IAC. And the whole plenmun is removable.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Buy my Dragon TB I have for sale lol GL, you def have to get rid of that stock TB.

He needs to take you up on that!

The Whipple elbow can be swapped out but it's the whole back and elbow and they are so expensive it really doesn't make sense to do. It would be the same money or cheaper for the OP to sell his and pick up a used one with the SBTB elbow already on it.

Users who are viewing this thread