Numbers

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Good #s! I made 485/504 tq on 9psi at 4800 rpms. How much timing you running?

Last edited:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Man I will have to check, I had a good run in last night with a whippled cobra, we were dead even spinning bad on my nittos, I need some better tired, lol.

prostkr

Established Member
a twin 57 kit only gets 40 hp over an eaton on the street? Is this a break in tune? or is this it on pump gas? my bro best be looking for a deal on some race type gas .....lol

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
prostkr said:
a twin 57 kit only gets 40 hp over an eaton on the street? Is this a break in tune? or is this it on pump gas? my bro best be looking for a deal on some race type gas .....lol
40hp? Uhhh That means the eaton would have to be pullied, which is way more then 9psi! At 9psi with 10.7 air fuel at 4800 rpms i put out 485/504 sae.

TRBO VNM

prostkr said:

so some research man. stock terminators are putting 360-370 or so hp and tq to the ground.

on that same boost level with a turbo car you will see about 100 more hp and tq to the tires. little more than 40 more.

I suggest a little more reading.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
yeah no joke, I was at 13 degrees of timing on the 9.5 lb boost setting, on a terminator or stock, pullied whatever, at 13 degrees of time you would be back to N/A or the 360-370 the stock one's dyno at, because you have to run more timing with the tune if your wanting to make more power with the roots style blower, and pully combination.

prostkr

Established Member
I just thought the twin kit made more in street trim than 500hp. Ive seen the big boost numbers and have no doubts the twins can make massive power. i just had it in my mind the the twin would have more like 600 or so on a safe street tune? Lets not get all excited over a boost for boost comparison who really cares about that.....all im worried about is just how far my brother can push his on 93 octane? and be streetable. It just wont do for the pumpkin to go shwisss shwisss and fly by me.....*goes off to ponder a bigger nitrous setup*

TRBO VNM

prostkr said:
I just thought the twin kit made more in street trim than 500hp. Ive seen the big boost numbers and have no doubts the twins can make massive power. i just had it in my mind the the twin would have more like 600 or so on a safe street tune? Lets not get all excited over a boost for boost comparison who really cares about that.....all im worried about is just how far my brother can push his on 93 octane? and be streetable. It just wont do for the pumpkin to go shwisss shwisss and fly by me.....*goes off to ponder a bigger nitrous setup*

again, you aren't reading enough.

street tune for any twin or single kit, safely people are saying about 650 to a little over 700 depending on some variables.

tunes can vary and really it is the car owner who will determine how safe or not their tune is. this is another problem with dyno numbers. here you are thinking, man they really aren't making much power on street trim..well, for that given car and owner, he may not want anymore. he didn't push it to the ragged edge of his "street" tune.

personally, I have 1 tune. all I do is change my boost and fuel. I would stick to no more than 17# on 93 octane. with my new setup I will probably go to more like 18-19#, but in reality the tires won't hold up to to that. So I will be staying closer to 15# and be making low to mid 600's on that and be happy.

conclusion, street driven can be plenty safe up to 700 or maybe more depending on the tune, but you might not see that posted a lot because most people like to keep it safe and below those numbers. we aren't here to push it to the ragged edge on the street. that is what the track is for and even then some, like myself keep it safe with the tune.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
my plan is to go to 14, 17, lbs settings, but right now im really happy because on the street it seems to making a lot more power, and the eboost2 has been set for11.7 pounds, im probably making over 550-575 on over 12 lbs, from what I understand 9 lb tune, you can see anywhere from 10,11, maybe even 12 lbs on the street.

TRBO VNM

snakebitten1975 said:
my plan is to go to 14, 17, lbs settings, but right now im really happy because on the street it seems to making a lot more power, and the eboost2 has been set for11.7 pounds, im probably making over 550-575 on over 12 lbs, from what I understand 9 lb tune, you can see anywhere from 10,11, maybe even 12 lbs on the street.

that is odd. the tune shouldn't affect the amount of boost you see. only the controller and kit components will determine that. but, depending on the weather you will see different boost levels with the same settings on the controller. I see 1-2# increase in the winter time because of the air.

mustarrosa

Established Member
My numbers this past JUly on a 90+ degree day with 12degrees timing and A/F 10.5-10.8 at WOT
8lbs-515.8/502.2
14lbs-644.7/553.5
18lbs-724.6/616.1
Thats on 93 octane 8&14 and Torco on 18lbs..so these numbers help confirm what are seen with these turbos and so fits with what snakebitten is seeing and TRBO VNM..weather changes of course will change the actual performance as mine sure can feel the cold air charge...

mustarrosa

Established Member
C H I N I said:
How much timing are you guys running?
My numbers this past JUly on a 90+ degree day with 12degrees timing and A/F 10.5-10.8 at WOT
I think snakebitten is running 13 degrees

TRBO VNM

C H I N I said:
Is it bad that i am running 18*??

not at all. you just don't need to run as much with turbo's as with eaton/screws to get the same or better results. they need that much timing and more to make up for the inefficiencies.

Users who are viewing this thread