Attachments

• 8B734A56-8478-40CE-A135-77F9D6542EE5.jpeg
    8B734A56-8478-40CE-A135-77F9D6542EE5.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 146

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Skip the ground... be the ground. LOL

I think at that point you become the conductor and the path from L1 or L2 back to neutral. At least if you hit the ground as well you have a chance you're pulling enough to pop the breaker.

I'm not an electrician though. I design I don't do, just taken a lot of safety courses since I get near some decent stuff. I always thought low voltage was like 12V apparently it's not even medium voltage till 600V so realistically 13.2k BS, no thanks. 480 is enough to have some decent fireworks.

Last edited:

pdm

Established Member
I think at that point you become the conductor and the path from L1 or L2 back to neutral. At least if you hit the ground too you have a chance you pulling enough to pop the breaker.

I'm not an electrician though. I design I don't do, just taken a lot of safety courses since I get near some decent stuff. I always thought low voltage was like 12V apparently it's not even medium voltage till 600V so realistically 13.2k BS, no thanks. 480 is enough to have some decent fireworks.
Had a friend at GA Power see a guy come out of a manhole and walk in front of an open 40kv cabinet. He said it reached out about 6 ft like lightning and cooked him right there

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Had a friend at GA Power see a guy come out of a manhole and walk in front of an open 40kv cabinet. He said it reached out about 6 ft like lightning and cooked him right there

Like but don't like. Most assume air has 0 conductance, don't realize the ability of potential to bridge gaps and plasma is scarey as shit. Big time on DC (there is a reason why even low power DC discos are spring loaded). Almost like everyone forgot Jacob's ladder from physics class.

(Let's be real we're arguing graduation based on the ability to read these days I doubt most students are taking physics in HS)

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Arc flash training is unsettling stuff.

Most I ever see is 240AC, maybe an occasional 480 being stepped down, and the 120DC our switches operate on.

I’ve heard 120 dc can hurt a dude though…

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I always wanted a legit switchblade

They are legal for civilians in a few states. Florida and Virginia are two, and I own property in both.

Virginia kinda sucks, because you can't buy the in state if you are not PD or DOD and you must open carry unless you're in your home. In Florida, I can even conceal carry them.

I'll send some pic in PM if you want to see some of the ones I have.

I think at that point you become the conductor and the path from L1 or L2 back to neutral. At least if you hit the ground as well you have a chance you're pulling enough to pop the breaker.

I mostly dealt with 24v or less, except for tubed power amplifiers. I did wire the 240 line for my amp in the house and managed not to burn anything down. I was pretty proud of myself. LoL

pdm

Established Member
They are legal for civilians in a few states. Florida and Virginia are two, and I own property in both.

Virginia kinda sucks, because you can't buy the in state if you are not PD or DOD and you must open carry unless you're in your home. In Florida, I can even conceal carry them.

I'll send some pic in PM if you want to see some of the ones I have.

I mostly dealt with 24v or less, except for tubed power amplifiers. I did wire the 240 line for my amp in the house and managed not to burn anything down. I was pretty proud of myself. LoL
This is why, despite almost overwhelming electrical load and masses of heavy wires, cars are still 12v. Fires and injury are much more likely

Users who are viewing this thread