_Snake_

Established Member
Image 8.jpeg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
M855A1 will **** your whole shit up and put a whole through you

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I was unfamiliar with the M855A1 so I just read into it and the first result did not have great things to say about it. Basically none of our rifles are designed for the overpressure it creates. The Army is the only branch that is using it because it destroys rifles twice as fast. It was an interesting read.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I was unfamiliar with the M855A1 so I just read into it and the first result did not have great things to say about it. Basically none of our rifles are designed for the overpressure it creates. The Army is the only branch that is using it because it destroys rifles twice as fast. It was an interesting read.

855s are fine...855a1 are less than impressive imo

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

I've always known M855 to be plenty sufficient. I know people like to get into the various rounds and their performance, but I like to keep it simple. Maybe for long range I would be more into bullet performance, but I just want something reliable and capable, not something I'm constantly trying to figure out why my firearms are breaking or acting up.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

The original batch was over pressure everything from 2011 to now is good to go and if you use gen 2/3 pmags it pitches the round up high enough to avoid hitting the feed ramp, the most devistating deep penetrating 5.56 there is the terminal ballistics is like 77 smk how ever there is zero neck it causes tissue damage immediately and the copper slug and arrow head penetrates 2 16 inch gell blocks

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

You’re joking right? Go back and study the terminal ballistics on both those rounds A1 is leaps and bounds better! Get this I shot my 3/8 thick ar500 target with my 20 inch barrel with lake city 2016 lot m855 it barley scratched the target chronograph read 3120 fps next I shot lake city 2014 lot m855a1 chronograph read 3280fps and punched a hole right though the plate! Target was 40 yards away after that I purchased 500 more rounds off gunbroker pre pandemic 855A1 is way superior to 855

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
You’re joking right? Go back and study the terminal ballistics on both those rounds A1 is leaps and bounds better! Get this I shot my 3/8 thick ar500 target with my 20 inch barrel with lake city 2016 lot m855 it barley scratched the target chronograph read 3120 fps next I shot lake city 2014 lot m855a1 chronograph read 3280fps and punched a hole right though the plate! Target was 40 yards away after that I purchased 500 more rounds off gunbroker pre pandemic 855A1 is way superior to 855

In that article, it mentioned that the wound cavity was quite a bit smaller than 855. Was that article all based on the old stuff you mentioned or does it just have more punch. The wound channel difference they show was pretty significant. I could see a use for it if it has that kind of penetrative power, but it doesn't seem like something you'd want to transition to completely it seems. I haven't shot it before so I really can't say too much about it one way or another honestly.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

I didny say it sucked, it just didnt impress me much thats all lol

Im of the belief that over pentration is wasted energy when it comes to killin stuff. But shooting through plates may be a thing someday lol...

Ive actually toyed with thr idea of loading some 855 bullets into my 23-250...55grs at 3200 is cool ans all but id like yo see what they can do at 3800fps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread