O/R X Pipe fitment

SaleenTV

@THELASTVENDETTA
Established Member
I ordered a upr o/r X pipe and I have stainless works catback. Is anyone running this combo? Im curious on how the fitment is? Also any videos of just an o/r x pipe with the stainless works retro catback? Stock manifolds, not long tubes (Im to poor for them at the moment)

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about longtubes too much. The best bang for the buck is an OR-X/OR-H and tune, basically removal of the cats :D You might see another 10, or 15 PEAK HP at most from longtubes. With regard to fitment, I have not heard much about the UPR X-pipe. The main area of concern for any mid-pipe change would be clearing the transmission crossmember and lining up/sealing to stock manifolds. I would copper spray the gaskets used for the stock manifold connection. My JBA X was real close to the trans crossmember, enough so to cause false knock. I had to clearance by grinding down the washer under bolt head on the crossmember and by hitting the X pipe with a BFH.

Last edited:

SaleenTV

@THELASTVENDETTA
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about longtubes too much. The best bang for the buck is an OR-X/OR-H and tune, basically removal of the cats :D You might see another 10, or 15 PEAK HP at most from longtubes. With regard to fitment, I have not heard much about the UPR X-pipe. The main area of concern for any mid-pipe change would be clearing the transmission crossmember and lining up/sealing to stock manifolds. I would copper spray the gaskets used for the stock manifold connection. My JBA X was real close to the trans crossmember, enough so to cause false knock. I had to clearance by grinding down the washer under bolt head on the crossmember and by hitting the X pipe with a BFH.

This guy right here :coolman: haha. Thanks for the advice and I will use the copper spray for sure. BFH are your friend when it comes to exhaust. I cant wait to get it on. I got a Lund racing tune coming as well as a steeda intake. Hopefully will feel that bump in hp on the butt dyno

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You are welcome and you will definitely enjoy the change. The changes in ECU calibration with the X-pipe alone will make you happy in the pants! I have ran my buddies car that has ARH 1 7/8ths LTs, E85, Ported Boss, Accufab TB, WELD RTS setup with just my AED E85 tuned car with X-pipe, catback and AirRaid MIT on drag radials. We are locked door to door from a 40 roll all the way thru 4th. Before he did the BOSS, TB and E85 tune, I would actually put several cars on him.

SaleenTV

@THELASTVENDETTA
Established Member
Thats awesome. I will defintely put a video up once I get it on. Also curious about the ghost cam tune. Even tho I wont get any more power I bet it'll sound like sex. Hopefully everything gets here next week.

Users who are viewing this thread