O2 Sensor Warmup w/ E85

WDW MKR

Established Member
I've been battling my tune ever since switching to FRPP 80 lb/hr injectors and E85. I'm getting my handle around the MAF Xfer errors that it appears I was living with to mask injector data issues with my previous 75 lb/hr tune. That aside, my STFT are driving me nuts... especially at idle. I'm often seeing splits of 20% at idle and sometimes greater than 10% at cruise.

The Bank 1 sensor takes forever to warmup and actually start reading. Datalog shows more than 3mins at startup before Bank 1 starts reading; that's time past when Bank 2 starts reading. Bank 1 will then start reading and cycle almost all the way to the 1.25 clip before settling back down. I'm wondering if this issue and my new split/bias between STFT1 and STFT2 are related, both tying back to sensor warmup and the E85. I've added about 7% to the O2 heater duty cycle and the problem is still present.

This issue has been present with my existing OEM (new this Spring) sensors, backup OEM sensors and new Bosch units from the parts store. I know the Bosch are junk... nothing else available on a Sunday. I just placed an order for new OEM units. Is this simply an issue with bad sensors, or am I battling a common issue with E85? I run the MAC LT headers, which clocks the Bank1 sensor around 2 o'clock when looking from the front of the car. Bank 2 is horizontal at 9 o'clock. This has caused a bit of STFT split from the get-go, but this is extreme and obviously indicative of a problem.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread