Oasis Report???

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Would anyone be able to help me out and run an Oasis report on this GT500 I'm looking to buy. All I need to know is the exact build date for when the car was assembled. This will let me know if it has the updated flywheel that was changed after 8/15/08 on production GT500's. Thanks in advance. Here is the VIN:

1ZVHT88S395132780

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Build date is 09/03/2008

Thanks alot. Greatly appreciate you checking it for me. I know they changed flywheels on poduction GT500's around 8/15/08. They change it because of the previous ones warping when getting heated up to much. This is covered in a TSB that is out if you are having problems.

TexasShelby

Established Member
Rob is right, they changed the flywheel, entire clutch assy, syncros and grease the input shaft.
A few of the tranny's even fail after that. Mine did in 4 blocks after completing it, so they replace from the flywheel back. Tranny and all.
Some were upset of the mismatch of serial numbers that it caused and bought their old tranny back for the $600 core to have it as well as the all new tranny and parts.
My warranty bill came to over $11k by the time it got out the door with the new tranny, flywheel and clutch assy.
If you have a GT500 before that build date you should search a little here and other sites for the list of symptoms and look into a dealership that has the knowledge to do this TSB 8-16-04.

phils04gt

Established Member
Don't mean to steal your thread but can you guys run mine? I just bought it, 1ZVHT88S875312205. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread