Observations from an outsider.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
1965 Shelby Mustangs
93/95/00 Mustang Cobra R's
some Saleen Mustangs

That is a good point. I had forgotten about the Cobra Rs. The Saleens are after market so I wouldn't count them though.

Anybody can delete the back seat if they wanted to. Even in the case of the Cobra Rs, the car they were based on was designed as a 2+2 seating. I'm not sure about the 65 Shelby though, but I would venture to guess it was based on a car designed as a 2+2 initially as well. This leads me to beleive that to an extent, there never wa a true 2 seater Mustang ever built - which I think is the case that FORDIFICATION is trying to make.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
ThunderStik said:
... I would like to see a pure muscle car. .

Hmmmm.....so you're saying that a 450+ HP car weighing well under 4,000 LBS that has a twin screw supercharger on top of a 330 cubic inch V8 engine is NOT a factory "muscle car"??? Well if that isn't a muscle car, then what is? I fully agree with the first few posts of this thread, and Like it's already so accurately been stated, this will be the fastest car of the Mustang platform ever mass produced for the public. So I don't see how anyone can complain about lack of performance, or about this GT500 not being a "Muscle car"......

there also was another comment from another member about the brakes not being up to snuff. (???) ...you mean that 14" Brembos up front along with 13" ones in the back aren't enough braking power for a car under 4,000 LBS??Come on!! What do some of you guys expect? A car that should cost $90K for a $40K sticker price? Let's be realistic here, uh?

Captain Beyond

Established Member
To all these people that are bitching about this new Shelby, I say to them "don't buy one". That will make the waiting list shorter for me. :-D

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
To all these people that are bitching about this new Shelby, I say to them "don't buy one". That will make the waiting list shorter for me. :-D
Amen to that. I say get outta my way so I get mine sooner.

ThunderStik

Established Member
I should have been more clear when I said " I would like to see a pure muscle car". I meant a fully stripped version. Could you please show me where I stated that the gt500 was not a muscle car?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
ThunderStik said:
I should have been more clear when I said " I would like to see a pure muscle car". I meant a fully stripped version.
You're correct. You didn't make your point clear at all. And with all the people on this board who've been complaining about the GT500, it sounded like you were one of them despite your first post in this thread (which I happen to agree with). So thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread