OD ATI Dampener question

Fastnature

Established Member
I seen some say stock dampener is 6.65 and ATI list it as 6.78. Ati says the 20% over measures 7.88. If I do the math neither of those work out to what ATI says. Can someone shine some insight on this? I need the right measurement of the ATI OD dampener so I can buy right paxton pulley so I dont over spin Paxton too far. I know that shift point also comes into affect. I am waiting on tuner to get back to me so I can factor that in also. Thanks guys. I am just waiting on last few things for build :banana:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
The stock I'm pretty sure is 6.75ish , just make sure if you use the ATI OD unit to use their water pump pulley. I would try it first with stock pulley and see how much boost you get then go from there. Or talk to JPC or beef should have better insight on this.

Last edited:

Fastnature

Established Member
Thanks Force. I was not aware that ATI made a water pump pulley. But I did pickup a new billet water pump pulley for the OD dampener. I guess I can use the 6.78 to do calculations and if it off a tad it should be ok

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Thanks Force. I was not aware that ATI made a water pump pulley. But I did pickup a new billet water pump pulley for the OD dampener. I guess I can use the 6.78 to do calculations and if it off a tad it should be ok

The OD pulley depending on how much its over drive its usually 15% or 20% larger than stock.

I would call ATI or research to see what exact model comes with the balancer that still uses A/C and comes with the right water pump pulley.

Fastnature

Established Member
Just all speculation till I call ATI or someone chimes in that knows what ATI OD measures. But using their info on their site of 7.88 for the OD dampener I should be able to use a 3.15 pulley and overspin paxton to 64,841 rpm

Users who are viewing this thread