Odd noise when turning car off under hood.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
It sounds like something is humming and winding back near the rear of the engine, on the drivers side as soon as I turn the car off. I have a clip of the sound, but I need someone to host it.

jrh99

Established Member
I've heard my car do this too. I just figured it was normal.

It does sound strange though! Like something is scraping to a halt.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
At the seven second mark, the car is completely off. Its a series of wierd sounds you hear for another 4-5 seconds. I think part of it is the boost bypass closing?(which would be that little arm moving down?) I think, but what the heck is the rest of those other noises?

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I NEVER noticed this sound before. Either I have been oblivious to it, or it just started. Someone mentioned to me that it could be a bad PCV valve?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Yea, from inside the car it sounds like humming coming from under the dash. It makes that much winding humming noise?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Yea, from inside the car it sounds like humming coming from under the dash. It makes that much winding humming noise?

The winding noise may be your fan winding down. The noise i hear in your video sounds like air

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I have never owned a car with a blower but it almost sounds like air dumping or relieving from somewhere for what ever reason.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I thought of that juiced. Its deff a sound coming from the rear area of the engine bay, towards the firewall, only on the drivers side. Hey man, thanks for hosting this btw!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
mike - thats your boost bypass man, your fine. . .you didn't beleive me on MF? :)

Just watch the video, the noise follows the bypass as its closing. Watch the little bar, as its closing you can hear the noise change. . then as soon as its stops, the noise stops. Don't worry man, your car is fine :beer:

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
JKD, I just never new that thing made such a racket. I was figuring just an air noise and that was it. Glad to know though. Thanks man!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
its ok man, I was just giving you a hard time. I still think its fine, my car sounds very similar. It does the same thing. I guess if you wanted to make sure you could always have the dealer look at it just in case.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I'm actually leaving in about 15 minutes to go get the pulley and tune done. I'll ask the tuner if he knows just to be sure, but from what you and a few others have said, I feel pretty safe. Thanks again man.

Users who are viewing this thread