Odd tuning issue

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
after swapping to a larger lower pulley and a HPX slot style maf this issue has been there and i cant make sense of it.

Base hpx maf curve is very rich (.66 ish lambda or 9.6/1 ish gasoline afr) after making a pull on the dyno go through the datalog and correct maf curve to command .76 lambda or 11.2/1 and its so off the chart lean (17/1afr)

So I think i screwed up my math and start over it does it again, so i try something and only remove 10% from the base curve just to see what happens and its the same thing. So i think maybe i lost a fuel pump or have a fuel delivery issue. But if i go back to the base curve its back to being really rich so im lost.

Obviously it has enough fuel if it can make a full pull in the 9's afr but why cant i find a happy medium?? Could it be a bad MAF? Load looks correct as its maxing out at 1.99 near 6k rpm. Im just not sure what im missing...

Tuning with Binary editor and quarterhorse hardware

basic rundown on build
ford lightning
.020 over 9to 1 compression
livernois ported 2V heads
comp stage 3 cams
whipple 3.4 20psi boost
hpx MAF
114lb injectors from fiveomotorsport
dual areomotive 340's with large feed and return
e85
viper T56 transmission
4.10 gears

watman02

Established Member
If u change the mtf does the load change when it goes lean? Is ur base fuel table all set the same above 1.00?

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
If u change the mtf does the load change when it goes lean? Is ur base fuel table all set the same above 1.00?

Im not sure, ill have to check datalogs.

and yes, base table is all the same. at 1.1 and up

edit, looked at a few datalogs and it appears load values still jive with MAF volts and tps values so its does not seem they are changing, just the improper fueling

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
Are your injector scalers right. Where did u get the data for them? For the wot pulls if your off by the same percentage throught u can scale the high slope of the injectors and dial it in that way.
Read this.
http://info.efidynotuning.com/fuel101.htm

if u put the ba2600 back in it runs fine?
r the tube sizes different?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread