OEM 18"x9.5" 2007 wheels- optimal street tires?

MRGTX

Established Member
My old man is set on keeping the stock 18" wheels on his 2007. He's looking for more traction on launch (aren't we all?) but the car will need to turn and stop at least as well as stock...so drag radials are out. :)

The OEM setup is 255s up front, 285s in the rear.
Will 285s fit on the front with the OEM offset wheels?

What would you pick for rubber?

Thanks for any input!
-Mike

MRGTX

Established Member
Thanks... 285s all around?

I'm running 285/35/19s all around on my 2011 GT but I have a wheel that gives a bit more clearance thanks o a bit more offset...

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I'm leaning either Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Continential DW, in the stock sizes on the stock rims.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Falken FK453 is a poor mans MPSS. Awesome all around tire, and damn near half the cost of the Michelin's. Surprised more people don't run them.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I would not change the front tire size. The michelan's are arguably the best street tires out there. But expensive. The Continental DW's are the best value available IMO. Very good warm weather tires and huge upgrade over stock goodyears. Super happy with mine.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Look, I don't recommend many things in life true and true but Toyo R888 are legit.

I have run two sets. Little to zero traction issues.... Only in cold weather. But what tire doesn't.

Just trying to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread