OEM 93 Cobra rims

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
What is the going price on OEM 93 Cobra wheels now? Before the replica's came out I was seeing OEM's sell for about $900-$1100 a set used. Now they're going for less than that. But how much? The last set on e bay sold for just under $660.

Thanks!

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
I've seen them in the 600-800 range on ebay, Bob. Selling yours, I take it?

Yep. I need something different. Too many replicas out there now. I quoted a price to a buddy of mine that is interested in them for his 93 Cobra and it seems I'm in the ballpark.

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, it really depends on what sort of shape their in, center caps or not, tires, etc.

If you've got a really nice set with no major blems with 4 good center caps, anywhere from 600-800 would be a good guesstimate. I paid $550 for set that needed a little TLC about a year ago with some half used tires.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. The only thing wrong with my wheels is that the paint is scratched where you remove the center caps and there's a couple of small chips near the edge of the rim where the guys at the tire shop weren't too careful in putting the wheel weights on. Other than that, they're in awesome shape. I paid $800 plus shipping back in 2000 for them. A steal at that time.

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
LOL. I hear ya!

I gave $250 for an OEM set of four with caps and almost new BF Goodriches (one blown) on them about a year ago. Guy got them off of a repo car...he worked in the garage. Seems he had them on his GT and it took about all of a day for the caliper on the rear to rub a hole in one of them so he dumped them off to me. If people are selling anything Mustang around here most of the time they holler at me.

blown...

racerbox77

Established Member
bat-stang said:
Racerbox, whats on your car now?

Right now until I decide on what wheels I want my car is sitting on a nice set of jack stands.:lol1: Im also still waiting on my 10th anny red Cobra calipers and my cross drilled rotors to come in.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
These are the reason I'm getting rid of my 93 Cobra wheels. :D:banana:

97176.jpg

I'm waiting on the money to buy the front brakes. That'll come when the Cobra wheels are gone. I'll be using the 2000 R setup up front. :pepper:

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Jim, I'll be using 96-04 spindles and 94-98 rear cobra brakes. The wheels will end up being a 17x8 ~25mm offset and a 17x9 with a ~25mm offset. In the picture they are 17x7.5's and 17x8's. They were for a Skyline or Supra in Japan. That's where the wheels came from. I might have to roll the rear fenders a little, but that's no big deal.

Badboy's, those aren't mine. They're nice though. I don't have mine advertised anywhere.

racerbox77

Established Member
Goodson with your set up I would use 94 or 95 spindles to keep the wheel in a little more. The rear set up should work fine if you switched to shorter GT axles. Post some pics when you get them on. Im doing my set up this week just waiting on my cross drilled rotors and my wheels to come in.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
I've got to test fit them on my 85 GT that has a front setup from an 03. I'll see how they fit on that car (taking into account that the K member on the 85 is 1/2" inboard on each side 1" shorter overall than my 88's) and measure whether or not I need to get the 94-95 setup or not.

The rears I'm not overly concerned about because the stock offset on the SA10 Saleen is 39mm with the SVO/Lincoln setup which is 1/2 inch longer per side than the 94-98 setup. 1/2"= 12.7mm. Based on that the wheel's offset would be 26.3mm if it were set up for the 94-98 Brakes. My rear wheels will be 25.7mm backspacing by my calculations. My rear wheels will have a 6 1/8" backspacing and will be 9" wide. The M179 wheel has a 6.42" backspacing and a 36mm offset. It's going to be a close call, but I really want the edge of the tire just at the edge of the wheelwell lip.

You may be right though. I've read that the 25mm offset works well on a stock Fox track width.

Users who are viewing this thread