OEM Chrome Wheel Mod (!Paint)

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
These wheels have been to hell and back. My car is a true daily driver and it's seen two nasty Michigan winters packed full of road salt. The final product isn't as good as a new wheel, but it sure does look revived.

I only did one wheel so far...

Definitely follow Stang2WRX's instructions if you plan on doing this mod. I wasted 30mins because I wasn't "swirling" the paint brush.

Before:

65oh2v

65oin6

Still Cleaning:

65ojes

65oizr

After:

65ojmp

65ojtg

TRBO VNM

you should take the center cap out when doing this. Also you can do inside the lug holes and it really makes it look a lot better.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
you should take the center cap out when doing this. Also you can do inside the lug holes and it really makes it look a lot better.

I will on the remaining three then I'll double back and clean this one up a little more. Still, it's a night and day difference.

csumt76

Established Member
HOLY SHIT... who balanced that tire? That is a ton of ****ing weight. I just did my nittos on AFS wheels and the largest weight I needed was probably 35 grams.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
anyone have the link to stangwrx's thread on cleaning the wheels?
I did a search with no luck.

nivek

Banned
I posted feedback on the thread mentioned above but wanted to also get a wider audience. I am not see the same results on my rims, the paint is remove but the finish is dull and not chrome. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I followed the directions except I did not use the swirling of the brush nor did I use the warm soap and water.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WARNING!!! Do not strip the paint or clear coat off your non chrome wheels!!!

They will corrode rapidly without oxidation protection(clear coat)

This mod is for chrome wheels only...

AllChromeFront.jpg

AllChromeRear.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread