Oem HID conversion issues.

nix5o

Established Member
I have a question to all of those that's done the conversion. I just bought an 11', it has been converted to oem hid's of the same model year. The problem is the brights don't work but the dim's do. I checked the bulbs, fuses etc. The car didn't have any fuses in slots for the brights. I put fuses in and they still didn't work. Checked the fuses and the right headlight fuse was blown.

I originally thought this was a factory hid car, but I ran the vin and found it wasn't equipped with them from the factory. The wiring looks factory though.

Has anyone had this kind of problem. I've done searches on here and google and haven't found anything. I was just curious if someone could point me in the right direction before I take the bumper off and start chasing wires.

I don't have all data or any way to get a schematic for the systems. So if anyone has those it would be a big help too.

thanks in advance

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

nix5o

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I had seen the second thread in my search, but not the first. I wasn't sure where to start on it. I was hoping someone else had the problem and could point me in the right direction.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would start trying to track down the relay for the high beams and see if that is getting power. I don't know if this will involve getting into the SJB (Smart junction box) or not though.

Users who are viewing this thread