OEM motorcraft coil pack?

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I have the original oem motorcraft packs and ford racing plug wires I’m getting a pretty noticeable hesitation or misfire so thinking it’s time for new wires and new packs does anyone know what the oem packs put out volt wise? I used to have screamin demon packs and live wires about 10 years or so back but sold them and put the oems back on the screamin demons msd etc claim 40,000 volts but I’m assuming the oem stockers probably produce the same

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Anyone know the best price for some new oem packs?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Like every thing else at a dealer, more than you want to pay. I think I paid 500.00 for 8 but not positive on that price, it was over a year ago

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Tascaparts.com is usually the first place I look. Be sure to buy from a genuine or authorized dealer. There are counterfeits out there. Years ago a guy on my Lightning forum got a hold of some fake coils for his Gen 2 L. Learned his lesson from buying stuff like that on Amazon.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Found them at LMR about 90 bucks each I’m going to add a set of new wires first before buying coil packs inthink the ford racing wires are failing

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

Anyone ever try these I have a set coming in can’t beat a good 40 ohm per foot wire that’s not 200+ dollars

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
The quality of the Ford Racing wires have went down terribly of the past several years. They really seem to be hit or miss now. Most people just go back with OEM and they don't have any issues. I've never heard of the Dragon Fire wires. I tried some MSD wires about a decade ago. Horrible experience. My engine looked like a firework show at night while running. Went back to Ford wires and haven't had a issue since.

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
I can't imagine more voltage and fatter wires making any noticeable difference, the important thing is reliability and OEM 99% of the time is better quality parts

I have seen aftermarket packs crap out in 1-2 years(same with alternators on these cars)

Think of it this way, we used to use a 20,000v coil to feed 8 cylinders for decades, worked just fine; the only reason we have multiple coils or even one-per-cylinder now is for emissions(you get a 0.0xx% better combustion)

Users who are viewing this thread