OEM Spark Plugs

GIDIEUP

Established Member
I just put new OEM spark plugs in my Cobra about 3 weeks ago. After doing this I have read several threads stating that the OEM plugs were not long enough. How can I tell if the plugs I installed are the correct plugs for the Cobra? I would think the dealership would know what type of plug to sell me but I figured Iwould double check. BTW, they were about $5.60 per plug.

Regards,
Ryan

Sully99SVT

Established Member
What was the part number of the plugs that you purchased? I did a search on this site for "spark plug" and a bunch of threads came up. Read through those threads. I did this and it looks like I'll be going with NGK TR55. Also, go to www.sparkplugs.com, put in your make, model, year, and it will tell you which plugs you can use.

Later,

Sully

P.S. You need to come over sometime to hear my car. It would sound better if I had a Magnaflow cat-back. I believe it flows better than Flowmaster, so I've read on this site.

Vinnie T

Established Member
Isn't the OEM plug number(s) on the emmisions label under the hood? I don't have the car with me right now, but I'd swear it's there?

kwiksnake

Established Member
Its not dealing with the cobras, it had to do with swapping the PI heads on the GT's. If you used a stock spark plug in the PI heads, its not long enough.

Sully99SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by kwiksnake
Its not dealing with the cobras, it had to do with swapping the PI heads on the GT's. If you used a stock spark plug in the PI heads, its not long enough.

According to this thread it seems to me as though they are talking about regular Cobra's. :shrug:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54064

Let me know what the deal is because Gidieup and I need to know the answer to this really soon.

Thanks!!

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I just changed my plugs..

They recommend the platinum but I opted for copper version of the same plug...

Old Part # is AWSF-32C
New Part # is AGSF-32C

I'll upload pics when I can showing the stock platiunum plugs and the AGSF23C's

Users who are viewing this thread