OEM stereo amp question

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
since installing the complete 04 interrior and OEM 04 stereo my rear speakers never worked for some reason. Just haven't had time to mess with figuring it out. I got used to not having them work so I removed my rear speaker deck for weight reduction and now my front mids are not working. I only have my front tweeters working now.

Can I disconnect the OEM amps from the speaker box and leave them loose but plugged in ? Will that get my front mids working again ? which amp controls the fronts ??

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
When I take out my rear amp rack for the track the fronts mids and highs still work. Seems as if something in the wiring maybe wrong. Unplugging the rear amp rack shouldnt effect the fronts. Did you use all of the wiring from a donor car??

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
yeah I used 100% of the 04's wiring

guess what you are saying may be good news. I need to look at my wires then considering the rears never worked properly (buzzed alot then quit). Maybe some wies were damaged putting the car together ????

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
The rear speakers have two amps in the back. The front has a single amp.

ttk53

Established Member
When I take out my rear amp rack for the track the fronts mids and highs still work. Seems as if something in the wiring maybe wrong. Unplugging the rear amp rack shouldnt effect the fronts. Did you use all of the wiring from a donor car??

wrong rear amps power the fronts and the rears, head unit powers the tweaters.

The rear speakers have two amps in the back. The front has a single amp.

wrong two amps in the back and the head unit thats it.

The amps in the back are for the front and rear. took the amps out of my car only the front tweeters worked.

You probably just leave the amps but you would have to get them signal and I think they get that from the rear speaker wires.

But I think its just one bad amp swap them and see what happens. If you need a new amp I'll sell you one cheap. Already gave the rear speakers to a buddy.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
did I miss something then ??? the rear speaker box does only have 2 amps on it right ?

yes and they power all the mids. Unplug one at a time and see if you see if one is bad.

I took all the 460 crap out of my car.

Users who are viewing this thread