Off road H vs Off road X with GT500 mufflers...louder?!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I'm trying to compare these two set up and find out which is louder. If anyone has any experience with both please chime in...thank you

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
you want the x it flows better!!!! When i installed my x it took away sound out the back end and brought more sound toward the center of the car. its a fuller sound. sounds more like a race car going by but not as loud. .

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Rather than star a new thread, hopefully someone can answer this related question for me...

Since the ORX requires a tune to be able to run it, with a ORX work with the FRPP Pro-Cal? Or does it require a "real" tune from AED/Lund/Bama, etc?

KtownStang

Established Member
Off-road H-pipe & GT 500's here. I have heard X & liked the H better. Both are better than cats though!!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
so it seems like H is louder then? Ive had the off road H and it was a tad loud but sounded nice

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
you want the x it flows better!!!! When i installed my x it took away sound out the back end and brought more sound toward the center of the car. its a fuller sound. sounds more like a race car going by but not as loud. .

:rockon: I keep hearing this and tune are best bang for buck mods!

KtownStang

Established Member
Different sound types. X is a higher pitched race car sound. H is more of a deeper muscle sound. Both sound good. I just prefer the H sound.

I did a new tune when I did the pipe. I have heard yes & no with regards to needing a tune. I figured I would be safe & do the tune.

Last edited:

TheYeti

Established Member
the difference in HP between the X and H is very small. Better to go with sound over HP in that regards. I plan on getting an H very soon and until I am comfortable getting a tune, I will leave the cats on.

cbrtrx

Established Member
I heard both side by side, the h pipe setup is much louder then the x pipe, its also much deeper. The x pipe car had a nice sound but was too quiet for my taste.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I heard both side by side, the h pipe setup is much louder then the x pipe, its also much deeper. The x pipe car had a nice sound but was too quiet for my taste.

Thank you for this post! This is the feedback I was needing:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread