Off-Road H/X Users...anyone go back to stock axlebacks?

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
Just got my Lethal off-road H and GEN2 OTA pipes installed yesterday, mated to GT500 axlebacks (existing). Rasp-fest! I knew it was going to pick up some sound but was hoping for just a deep rumble. On top of it not sounding good, it's just too loud. I'm probably going to toss my stock axlebacks back on. Anyone else do this? How does it sound? Someone mentioned the FRPP Touring setup for a more mellow sound vs. GT500s. I like the idea of the HP gains since I'm boosted so don't really want to ditch the off-road pipe. FWIW, I did get a revised tune file for the pipe...

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
sell me your gen 2 OAP and put the stockers back on. Rasp will disappear. Off raod H and gt500 has arguabley the best sound...but when you remove the resonator....fail

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
That won't help me either way...had the resonators cut out when I just had the GT500s. Loved the sound.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
if you can find some cheap stockers locally...once you put the resonators back on the rasp will stop though. good luck and if you decide to sell LMK

mantis118

Established Member
I have borla x and over axles with gt500s and no cats. Not to loud and not raspy at all... had stock mufflers on it for a while. Sounded good but way to quiet.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Put the stockers on. I had it like that for a while. It sounds kind of strange at wot. Kind of like a knocking sound.

Users who are viewing this thread