off set for 18x10 wheels all around

Splatter

Established Member
Hi, I see on the web sites that SVE drift 18x10 wheels are for Rear Only, can they fit up front as well? What would be the correct off set up front?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jabooh1

Established Member
On my LS the fronts are 19x9 with a +42mm offset. To do a 10" and keep the inner clearance the same it would have to be +29mm. The question is, will that protrude to much past the fender well. I believe that a 19x9 with +33 is flush.

I know that I wouldn't want the extra inch on the inside (brake rotor cooling ducts are already close), nor want the inch on the outside. I don't know if you can keep ALL the stock inner clearance and not protrude.

People do run 10" up front, but they probably gave up inner clearance and protrude a little. Play around with the offset calculators. It really comes down to where you will take the extra inch at, inner or outer

pufferfish

Established Member
I did a lot of fitment checks when deciding on a wheel to offer for our mustangs.

stock suspension, 18x10 +45 all around works well with up to 285 wide tires.

add camber bolts, lower or wider tires and you want to go +35 for the front only, as the rear will stick out from the body with a +35.

because of this, I recommend a +45 all around and adding spacers up front if you need them.

Splatter

Established Member
Thanks Grant808, I am running -1.5 now up front with mm camber plates and 275/35-19 on the stock Boss fronts. Bit hard, but fits. Brake ducts where a real tight fit.

darreng505

Established Member
If you want the lightest, strongest race wheels made for this car go with the 18x10 302r wheels. Saves about 60lbs or more of rotating mass (maybe more).
Will handle brembo bbk's and look great. $550 a wheel though.

Blowfish has nice ones too.

86Fbody

Established Member
I did a lot of fitment checks when deciding on a wheel to offer for our mustangs.

stock suspension, 18x10 +45 all around works well with up to 285 wide tires.

add camber bolts, lower or wider tires and you want to go +35 for the front only, as the rear will stick out from the body with a +35.

because of this, I recommend a +45 all around and adding spacers up front if you need them.

How bad does a +35 look for the back with it sticking out, and is it just the aesthetics that are ruined or do you have to worry about gouging the tires on the fender?

Grant808

Established Member
Thanks Grant808, I am running -1.5 now up front with mm camber plates and 275/35-19 on the stock Boss fronts. Bit hard, but fits. Brake ducts where a real tight fit.

I hope the pics helped with the ducts. You should be good with the SVEs and the 275s since you have camber plates.

How bad does a +35 look for the back with it sticking out, and is it just the aesthetics that are ruined or do you have to worry about gouging the tires on the fender?

For 18x10, +35 in the back would stick the rim out regardless of tire. But a narrow tire (like 275) might keep the tread under the fenders. 295s on +42 or +43 are already poking out and need to be perfectly centered via panhard/watts. So a wide tire on +35 would look like crap in the back and could rub.

Splatter

Established Member
I hope the pics helped with the ducts. You should be good with the SVEs and the 275s since you have camber plates.

Yes thanks they did. But we did swap a small section for a rigid pipe of slightly smaller diameter to avoid rubbing with the 275/35-19. The tops of the tires to fit in with space to spare under the fender..... makes me almost think about 285 all around........

Grant808

Established Member
Since you're using plates. You should be okay with 285s and even 295s, but you may need to trim the hex at the end of the sway bar endlink for clearance. It's best if you check the clearance with your current setup before you try it.

86Fbody

Established Member
So if the rears would rub on the fender with a 275+, has anyone tried rolling their fenders? Or does anyone make a flared fender/rivet on flared lip?

Grant808

Established Member
So if the rears would rub on the fender with a 275+, has anyone tried rolling their fenders? Or does anyone make a flared fender/rivet on flared lip?

You mean with the +35? our fenders are already rolled from the factory. I have seen a rivet-on flare...can't recall who makes it or if it's available yet.

No problems running 295s in back on 10" wide with +42 or +43.

Users who are viewing this thread