Official 2015-2016 Season NCAA College Basketball Thread

Planter

Banned
Just days away from the start of college hoops! :rockon: I'm stoked and ready for a full season of the Jayhawks whooping some ass! #RockChalkJayhawk!

Here is the pre-season AP Top 25 poll:

1. North Carolina (35 first-place votes)
2. Kentucky (10)
3. Maryland (14)
4. Kansas (5)
5. Duke
6. Virginia (1)
7. Iowa State
8. Oklahoma
9. Gonzaga
10. Wichita State
11. Villanova
12. Arizona
13. Michigan State
14. Cal
15. Indiana
16. Utah
17. Wisconsin
18. Vanderbilt
19. Notre Dame
20. UConn
21. LSU
22. Baylor
23. Purdue
24. Butler
25. Michigan

Planter

Banned
KU with a solid first half against Sparty! Let's do it Jayhawks!
kansas-jayhawks-profile.jpg

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I don't watch much, but I keep up with the horns. Good to see they beat #3. Hope to see them in the top25 soon.

HandBanana

Established Member
Damn, Planter got banned again? I have not been lurking through SD enough.

All I have to say here is...**** Kentucky!

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Texas got a nice conference with over K state last night. Kentucky continues to have problems with unranked teams. Lol

HandBanana

Established Member
Kentucky lost again, but at least we have the win over those scrub-ass Blue Devils :-D

HAHA! Touche' sir! College ball this season has quite a bit of parity. Should make March VERY entertaining instead of Duke just running through everyone. ;-)

HAHA! Touche' sir! College ball this season has quite a bit of parity. Should make March VERY entertaining instead of Duke just running through everyone. ;-)

Duke will be powerful again next year though. The recruiting classes are just getting better and better.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Texas beat #17 ranked Iowa State for another conference win. It seems Texas can beat ranked teams but not unranked teams. Texas is missing Cameron Ridley bad that's for sure.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Texas with an ugly win over Oklahoma state. Two more top 10 teams went down and it seems Kentucky's kryptonite is unranked teams.

HandBanana

Established Member
Duke will be powerful again next year though. The recruiting classes are just getting better and better.

That's usually how it goes, champs one year, horribly disorganized the next.

MAN, this year has been brutal so far. I have no idea who I'd pick to win it all at this point. Everyone is so inconsistent. UK has so much damn talent but they cannot get it together. OK and KU look like solid picks for the Final Four.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Texas just seems to get up for ranked opponents this year. They got another win over #6 ranked West Virginia. They are 3-0 against top 25 teams this year and 2 of those were top 10. Texas takes on the Jayhawks tomorrow at The Phog. Gonna be a tough one to win.

Last edited:

HandBanana

Established Member
Texas just seems to get up for ranked opponents this year. They got another win over #6 ranked West Virginia. They are 3-0 against top 25 teams this year and 2 of those were top 10. Texas takes on the Jayhawks tomorrow at The Phog. Gonna be a tough one to win.

It's that Shaka Smart thang man!

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
It's that Shaka Smart thang man!

I can definitely already see him working his magic with this team. We lost to Kansas but I wasn't expecting to win at The Phog. The Big 12 is a tough conference for basketball so I'm glad we're still in the running for the division.

Branhammer

Established Member

Duke will be good as usual. I think Kentucky will be better in the tourney this year than they were last year. People are doubting them, but they are learning the humility that they never got to learn last year. This year they won't go into the tourney so arrogant. They lost to Wisconsin, who, while inferior, was still pretty damn good and UK took them lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread