Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

shb5007

Established Member
Wasn't Mixon suspended for a year for what he did? Not like they ignored it.

He "essentially" was redshirted. That is the slightest of punishment. How could the head coach sit there along with University officials and make that decision? Especially knowing that he could very well (and has) become the face of their football program? Especially when at the same time the Ray Rice stuff was going on? If this was any other player (not a top recruit), we all know he would have likely ever played at Oklahoma, let's me real.

Houston looks like they're missing Herman. Lol

Yeah, lots of trouble there. SDSU is no joke there. Glad we (pick me folks) all survived day 1 of the bowls with close scores. It makes the "real" bowls matter even more.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
He "essentially" was redshirted. That is the slightest of punishment. How could the head coach sit there along with University officials and make that decision? Especially knowing that he could very well (and has) become the face of their football program? Especially when at the same time the Ray Rice stuff was going on? If this was any other player (not a top recruit), we all know he would have likely ever played at Oklahoma, let's me real.
Exactly! He got a pass because of who he was. What he did was aggravated assault and he got off with a misdemeanor. One of the factors of aggravated assault in OK is causing "great bodily injury". One of the specific parameters is breaking bones. Which is what Mixon did. He got off easy and we all know why that was.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
At least he was suspended for the year. Jeremy Hill was suspended for 5 quarters after running up and sucker punching a guy in a parking lot and high fiving his buddies afterwards. While he was already on probation for oral sexual battery after forcing a 14 year old girl to blow him and his buddy.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
At least he was suspended for the year. Jeremy Hill was suspended for 5 quarters after running up and sucker punching a guy in a parking lot and high fiving his buddies afterwards. While he was already on probation for oral sexual battery after forcing a 14 year old girl to blow him and his buddy.

But SEC!!!!!!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
SEC West team getting their asses beat by a .500 MAC team?!?! LOL

I said this before and I'll say it again, Bama may be the best team in the country, but Washington is the best team they will play by far this year. If Bama advances, they will have their hands full against the OSU/Clemson winner. They have played no one this year. Their schedule is weak sauce.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Agreed. Crapshoot on who would win. Too many 6-6 teams in bowls. MState was 5-7 got in because of Academics. If there weren't all these bowl pick pools who would care about half these games?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't mind all the bowl games. Just because there are some crappy games earlier in the month it doesn't take the shine off the better games coming up. If a game sucks, watch something else. If it's good, watch it. At least it's football on a Monday afternoon.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I think the early bowl games should have been scored by turnovers. Sloppy games at best. Hard to watch most of them. However, Sinister is right. Football during the day and during the week? Yes please!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The dogs have not only been beating the point spread but it looks like they are dominating outright. Been extremely hard to predict these games.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
And it's time for Kevin Sumlin to be fired. And John Chavis has proven it's not him as a D coordinator, it was the talent at LSU. Suck it Chavis.

Users who are viewing this thread