Official 2016 NCAA Football Thread

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Our offense isn't very good, but it doesn't seem to matter. We are probably double digit favorites over every team that will get into the playoff. If it were to be a PSU, probably 20+. I hope you're all ready for another Bama Championship!

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Our offense isn't very good, but it doesn't seem to matter. We are probably double digit favorites over every team that will get into the playoff. If it were to be a PSU, probably 20+. I hope you're all ready for another Bama Championship!

I'll make a friendly wager on that. :D

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I don't usually do points, but if that's your preference, I'm ok with it. Let's see what happens in the sec game, though I see them steamrolling Florida, but weirder shit has happened.

I think Florida is the closest game we've got on the schedule. I really think we beat OSU or Washington by 17 or more. The only good matchup I see for us is the playoff is Clemson and I think we get them by 10 at least.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Sounds good!

Nice hire today, btw. Texas deserves better than they've gotten the past several years.

Ya know, I was excited when Strong got hired. He had a good record at Louisville, and I really liked his "core values", but he just couldn't perform. I dunno if he was unable to properly develop his players or wat, but I was never overly impressed with his play calling, not to mention his defense which slept thru most of the previous seasons and half of this season. But he got some good recruits, which is good for Herman. He knows how to work with and develop his players, and I'm really excited to see what he does with Shane Buchelle, who I think has the potential to be another VY/Colt. He lost a few bad games this year, but with the exception of Bama, everyone has. It happens in football. Plus he brings in big recruiting opportunities. I'm actually very excited for Toms time at Texas, more so than I was for strong. I'm hoping he goes to a more balanced or spread offense. I understand we have a great RB(hiesman candidate) but it would be nice to get away from the run90% of the game and see some old VY/Colt style play calling with more pass plays. Like I said, Shane has some serious talent, and I think he's going to lead Texas places, or at least I really really hope so.

Edit: I just pray to god that Foreman stays for his senior year. We will still have warren, who's great, but D'onta is amazing. Had our defense not slept half the year, and the offensive play calling not been mediocre, we wouldn't be in the offseason me thinks.

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Oh hell yes. This program, unbelievable.

It was a damn good win. I'm happy for them. These current players deserve this after putting up with so much off the field shit from haters that love to keep beating a dead horse, which these current players have nothing to do with.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
After we stomped PSU I never thought in a million years they'd win the East. I'm glad they're doing well though. Big10 the best conference in college football.

I miss the days when I could say that about the big 12, or at least think it. Haha. If the big 12 can't expand, SOON, I'm the odd ball that just says "**** it, break the big 12 up"

hb712

Established Member
That's for sure. It lived up to the hype. I know it'll never go down this way, but no one can tell me these aren't 2 of the best 4 teams in the country.
Best game I have ever gone to, and it was the only time I have attended as a student. UofM fought tooth an nail, but it's hard to overcome 3 turnovers.

IMO, OSU should be 2 and Mich. should be 4, regardless of the B1G championship.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Best game I have ever gone to, and it was the only time I have attended as a student. UofM fought tooth an nail, but it's hard to overcome 3 turnovers.

Especially when 2 of them directly led to OSU TD's and the other took away a Michigan TD. 21pt swing right there.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Ya know, I was excited when Strong got hired. He had a good record at Louisville, and I really liked his "core values", but he just couldn't perform. I dunno if he was unable to properly develop his players or wat, but I was never overly impressed with his play calling, not to mention his defense which slept thru most of the previous seasons and half of this season. But he got some good recruits, which is good for Herman. He knows how to work with and develop his players, and I'm really excited to see what he does with Shane Buchelle, who I think has the potential to be another VY/Colt. He lost a few bad games this year, but with the exception of Bama, everyone has. It happens in football. Plus he brings in big recruiting opportunities. I'm actually very excited for Toms time at Texas, more so than I was for strong. I'm hoping he goes to a more balanced or spread offense. I understand we have a great RB(hiesman candidate) but it would be nice to get away from the run90% of the game and see some old VY/Colt style play calling with more pass plays. Like I said, Shane has some serious talent, and I think he's going to lead Texas places, or at least I really really hope so.

Edit: I just pray to god that Foreman stays for his senior year. We will still have warren, who's great, but D'onta is amazing. Had our defense not slept half the year, and the offensive play calling not been mediocre, we wouldn't be in the offseason me thinks.
I'm going to reserve any excitement until a few games in. Herman could turn out to be another Charlie. Has a good record at a lesser school and then comes to Texas and flops.

Foreman is gone. I think he might have stayed if Strong stayed but now that Strong is out, he's off to the NFL. Plus his stake is very high right now so it would be a smart move to go to the NFL rather than coming back and getting beat up or possibly injured for his senior year.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

What makes you think that? The rigorous schedule Bama played? LOL

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
So Peppers stomped on the block O, spat on it, and punched a fan? LOL

Dez Howard he is not

I didn't see the stomping or spitting, but I did see the altercation with the fan. He didn't punch him so much as push him, but if a dipshit fan rushes the field and runs into a player that's on him. I'd feel the same way if a Michigan fan ran into an OSU player at the Big House too.

shb5007

Established Member

I would love the chance to play Bama, someone has to. Everyone doubts us. It would be a great measuring stick for our young team.

It was a damn good win. I'm happy for them. These current players deserve this after putting up with so much off the field shit from haters that love to keep beating a dead horse, which these current players have nothing to do with.

Agreed. The future seems bright.

After we stomped PSU I never thought in a million years they'd win the East. I'm glad they're doing well though. Big10 the best conference in college football.

I would agree, but this team has improved every week. They are also MUCH healthier since their visit to Michigan.

So then why have Conference divisions or a Conference Championship if it means nothing? Michigan #4 in the country when they finished 3rd in their Conference division? SEC Champ in, ACC Champ in, PAC-12 Champ in...and then Ohio State because they pass the "looks" test? The Committee has to be hoping Wisconsin wins, or Clemson / Washington lose.

Users who are viewing this thread