Official 2017 MLB Thread

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Step inside and support your team!

As i said last year when the season started, and it came true, your future 2017 WS champions will be the Cubs, again!

chicago-cubs-logo-1.jpg

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Well, it will be interesting to see how the Red Sox fare this year without David Ortiz' bat in the lineup. That is a major void but they do have some good young talent and if they perform as expected they should be alright.
Starting pitching looks good on paper as well but the bullpen will be a question mark all year.
With all that said I expect them to win the AL East.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Go Rangers! Sam Dyson can get ****ed though. Rangers appear to have the bats but the question again will be pitching.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
So it looks like Chris Sale is going to be that guy the Red Sox don't score runs for this year. He's been awesome but has gotten no run support.
A guess its a good sign the Red Sox have been winning close game so far, something they really didn't do last season.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Sale is one of the best pitchers in baseball, period. I'd say a top 5. For him only allowed 3 runs in 4 starts, and he only has 1 win, says a lot for how bad the Sox offense is when he starts. He should be 4-0.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
If Joey Gallo could cut his strikeouts down, hit for contact and not just power, he could be amazing. When he hits HR's his exit velocities are up there will Stanton's. I'd love to see Gallo in a HR derby.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Very nice to be flipping the script on the Rangers from last year. Astros are tearing it up. Just so solid from top to bottom.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
As the Red Sox sit in first place (for now) I still can't help but bitch at how frustrating they are to watch on the offensive side. Everyone knew not having David Ortiz would be a huge void but it shows even more than I imagined. They've had an extraordinary amount of games handed to them because the other team can't play defense.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Hopefully the Stros nurse all these hurt players back to health for the stretch run into the playoffs. What an offensive juggernaut this team is. Altuve is a machine! Average up to .365 right now.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Well the Rangers season is pretty much over. On a side note, congrats to the Indians on 22 consecutive wins! That's insane!!

Users who are viewing this thread