Official 2018-19 NBA thread

Coiled03

Established Member
GS and Houston now tied at 2 games apiece. I think it will be GS in 7 but I hope Houston wins.

A couple of other thoughts:

1. KD would be a champion no matter where he played, he sort of ruined it by going to a loaded team. He is great, a hall of famer, but rather than blaze his own trail he took the easy way out. For that I think he is a chump and I want to see him fail. I also think his presence on the team has diminished Curry's and Thompson's roles. That is too bad because I think Curry is a once in a generation talent.

2. Draymond is a baller. He is better than people give him credit for...and I think his role is diminished as well due to the presence of KD.

3. Harden is a baller...I just hope the Rockets keep hitting their 3's. Can't miss 48484893829 straight in a game 7...you'll lose again if you do.

1. I give zero ****s about KD going to a loaded team. Players have been doing it since the beginning of free agency itself in the NBA. The only difference is now, players exercise more control, and it's more visible due to the huge media coverage. All that aside, I do agree it has diminished Klay, and Steph. When KD leaves, I suspect they'll return to their former levels.

2. Agree on all counts. I just wish he'd STFU.

3. Harden is a baller. I hate his ****ing guts for the way he plays, but he's a baller.

I hope GS wins the next two. More accurately, I hope Houston loses the next two.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Why do you go for the rockets instead of the warriors? Just curious.

That’s a good and fair question!

Couple reasons... 1. I can’t stand Steph Curry. 2. I enjoy watching PJ Tucker and James Harden. 3. I’m tired of GS winning all the time LOL.

Truthfully, I’m more of a player fan than a team fan. I follow the players I like which means I switch teams often haha.

FWIW, I am a HUGE fan of Kevin Durant. I liked watching him, Harden, and Westbrook play for OKC.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
1. I give zero ****s about KD going to a loaded team. Players have been doing it since the beginning of free agency itself in the NBA. The only difference is now, players exercise more control, and it's more visible due to the huge media coverage. All that aside, I do agree it has diminished Klay, and Steph. When KD leaves, I suspect they'll return to their former levels.

2. Agree on all counts. I just wish he'd STFU.

3. Harden is a baller. I hate his ****ing guts for the way he plays, but he's a baller.

I hope GS wins the next two. More accurately, I hope Houston loses the next two.

My point with KD is that it would be fun to watch such a talented guy pull a team up and take them to the promised land rather than watch him go to a loaded team that is going to challenge for the title anyway. I feel like we're getting cheated out of seeing his full greatness by him going to a loaded Warriors squad. I'm rooting for the Raptors in the East because I don't think people realize how great Kahwi Leonard really is and he is getting a chance to put a team on his back and take them further than they have ever gone before. He was undervalued in San Antonio (at least by the national media and fans outside of SA). He is taking them to the brink of conference finals where they could face Giannis and the Bucks, another dynamic player who is growing with his franchise and leading them to a spot they haven't been to in almost 20 years. Those are great stories unlike KD.

Coiled03

Established Member
My point with KD is that it would be fun to watch such a talented guy pull a team up and take them to the promised land rather than watch him go to a loaded team that is going to challenge for the title anyway. I feel like we're getting cheated out of seeing his full greatness by him going to a loaded Warriors squad. I'm rooting for the Raptors in the East because I don't think people realize how great Kahwi Leonard really is and he is getting a chance to put a team on his back and take them further than they have ever gone before. He was undervalued in San Antonio (at least by the national media and fans outside of SA). He is taking them to the brink of conference finals where they could face Giannis and the Bucks, another dynamic player who is growing with his franchise and leading them to a spot they haven't been to in almost 20 years. Those are great stories unlike KD.

Meh....seems like KD's full greatness is on display pretty prominently to me. Let's be clear: he's carrying that team right now. Sure, he could've gone to the Knicks, or some other shit hole, and averaged 35/8/5 maybe. But, to what end? As long as Dolan is there, they're never gonna win shit, same with all the other trash franchises. They suck for a reason, and no single player is gonna save them, not even KD. So, really, the only thing we'd get out of it is some insane stat lines.....which we're already getting now. I think the issue most people have is that GS already had so much talent. But, what are they supposed to do, not try to sign him? And is KD supposed to turn down a max deal AND the chance to win multiple rings? Neither scenario is realistic, imho.

Definitely rooting for the Raptors. I'd love to see Kawhi win another ring. It's crazy, but he still does seem undervalued. Maybe his image is still recovering from the SA debacle. Regardless, long as Boston is gone fishing soon, I'll be happy with the East.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Meh....seems like KD's full greatness is on display pretty prominently to me. Let's be clear: he's carrying that team right now. Sure, he could've gone to the Knicks, or some other shit hole, and averaged 35/8/5 maybe. But, to what end? As long as Dolan is there, they're never gonna win shit, same with all the other trash franchises. They suck for a reason, and no single player is gonna save them, not even KD. So, really, the only thing we'd get out of it is some insane stat lines.....which we're already getting now. I think the issue most people have is that GS already had so much talent. But, what are they supposed to do, not try to sign him? And is KD supposed to turn down a max deal AND the chance to win multiple rings? Neither scenario is realistic, imho.

Definitely rooting for the Raptors. I'd love to see Kawhi win another ring. It's crazy, but he still does seem undervalued. Maybe his image is still recovering from the SA debacle. Regardless, long as Boston is gone fishing soon, I'll be happy with the East.

Stop it. You're making sense and convincing me about KD. LOL

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
GS and Houston now tied at 2 games apiece. I think it will be GS in 7 but I hope Houston wins.

A couple of other thoughts:

1. KD would be a champion no matter where he played, he sort of ruined it by going to a loaded team. He is great, a hall of famer, but rather than blaze his own trail he took the easy way out. For that I think he is a chump and I want to see him fail. I also think his presence on the team has diminished Curry's and Thompson's roles. That is too bad because I think Curry is a once in a generation talent.

2. Draymond is a baller. He is better than people give him credit for...and I think his role is diminished as well due to the presence of KD.

3. Harden is a baller...I just hope the Rockets keep hitting their 3's. Can't miss 48484893829 straight in a game 7...you'll lose again if you do.

1. I don't mind KD going to the Warriors. Sure it's the "easy way out" but the dude wanted rings and it was a guarantee. He's still a monster. I liked him back when he played here at UT. It would be fun to see him go to another team that isn't loaded and make them good though.

2. Green is a straight punk. That's all he'll ever be. I can't wait until someone gets sick of his shit and puts him on his ass. Nothing was sweeter than when he got posterized by Harden last year.

3. Yes he is. It'll be robbery if he doesn't get MVP again this year. I know a lot of people don't like him, hell I'd probably hate him too if he wasn't on my team, but no one can deny his ability.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
That’s a good and fair question!

Couple reasons... 1. I can’t stand Steph Curry. 2. I enjoy watching PJ Tucker and James Harden. 3. I’m tired of GS winning all the time LOL.

Truthfully, I’m more of a player fan than a team fan. I follow the players I like which means I switch teams often haha.

FWIW, I am a HUGE fan of Kevin Durant. I liked watching him, Harden, and Westbrook play for OKC.

Fair enough. But why do you hate curry so much? He’s one of the most likable nba players.

I love the hustle of pj tucker, I listened to an interview with him and he seemed like a really good person. He and KD are really close.

My team is the lakers since I was 9. Since they’ve sucked for about 6 years now, I don’t mind the warriors being the champions, because I love Michael Thompson and his son Klay plays for the warriors so I’m cool with it.

I agree with Coiled03 about KD going to the warriors isn’t a chump move, he’s displaying his greatness this entire playoffs, and the past couple finals winning finals MVP. He is absolutely carrying the warriors this year.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe Gimme11s is a Clippers fan, that would be like me rooting for Dallas....**** that noise!

I hadnt like the Clips since Blake Griffin, but my sons and I got to catch a Clippers game this season and we enjoyed it. Clippers are well coached and gave Golden State a hell of a time in round 1 !!

Fair enough. But why do you hate curry so much? He’s one of the most likable nba players.

I love the hustle of pj tucker, I listened to an interview with him and he seemed like a really good person. He and KD are really close.

My team is the lakers since I was 9. Since they’ve sucked for about 6 years now, I don’t mind the warriors being the champions, because I love Michael Thompson and his son Klay plays for the warriors so I’m cool with it.

I agree with Coiled03 about KD going to the warriors isn’t a chump move, he’s displaying his greatness this entire playoffs, and the past couple finals winning finals MVP. He is absolutely carrying the warriors this year.

I think Curry is a smug, ignorant sounding fool. And he needs to put the damn mouthpiece IN HIS MOUTH already. Ugh. IDK.. maybe its just me, but he's annoying AF.

KD will go down as a top 10 all time great.. He is amazing to watch and a great guy. I do wish he would go to a franchise that can be built around him that he can call his own. The NBA just isnt like that anymore though.

Coiled03

Established Member
Green is a straight punk. That's all he'll ever be. I can't wait until someone gets sick of his shit and puts him on his ass. Nothing was sweeter than when he got posterized by Harden last year.

Substitute Green with CP3, or Harden, or Gordon, or just about anyone else on the Rocket,s except maybe PJ Tucker and Nene', and that's how I feel....especially CP3. Biggest crybaby bitch in the league.

Yes he is. It'll be robbery if he doesn't get MVP again this year. I know a lot of people don't like him, hell I'd probably hate him too if he wasn't on my team, but no one can deny his ability.

What ability? Flopping to inflate his scoring average by 30%? Pounding the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock?

And no, it would not be a robbery if he doesn't win MVP. It would be a completely valid choice. Milwaukee would be a slightly further West version of the Knicks without Giannis.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Substitute Green with CP3, or Harden, or Gordon, or just about anyone else on the Rocket,s except maybe PJ Tucker and Nene', and that's how I feel....especially CP3. Biggest crybaby bitch in the league.

What ability? Flopping to inflate his scoring average by 30%? Pounding the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock?

And no, it would not be a robbery if he doesn't win MVP. It would be a completely valid choice. Milwaukee would be a slightly further West version of the Knicks without Giannis.

LOL ok.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

5542446-C-C1-FD-4553-96-DC-D6-C1-B567-B8-F6.gif

He’s the leading scorer this year at 36+ ppg. The number 2 spot isn’t even close at 28.

Coiled03

Established Member
View attachment 1571652

He’s the leading scorer this year at 36+ ppg. The number 2 spot isn’t even close at 28.

Uhxl.gif

They have a title for that. It's called the scoring champion, not the MVP.

If you're arguing the best player should win MVP, KD should win it. He's the best player in the league.

If you're arguing it should really be the most VALUABLE player, Giannis should win it going away.

Either way, Harden shouldn't get it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1571656

If you're arguing the best player should win MVP, KD should win it. He's the best player in the league.

If you're arguing it should really be the most VALUABLE player, Giannis should win it going away.

Yes, but the scoring champ has also won MVP plenty of times so the 2 awards both highlight similar characteristics in a player.

Further, the league’s leading scorer certainly brings “value”.

I’d definitely rather have KD on my team, but there’s no arguing hardens talent.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
View attachment 1571656

Yeah Harden wasn't valuable. He didn't single-handedly put the team on his back when CP3, Capela, and Gordon were all hurt and destroy the league by scoring over 30 points in over 30 straight games to keep the Rockets in the hunt. He didn't have historic numbers only bettered by Wilt Chamberlain. He didn't score the most points over the last 50 years other than Jordan. He didn't become the only player in NBA history to average over 35ppg and 7apg in a season. He didn't become the first player to ever score over 30 points against all 29 other teams in the league in a season. He didn't also lead the league in advanced metrics like win shares, plus/minus, and value over replacement.

Must've been some other guy.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
While what the Warriors have done over the past 4 seasons is to be commended, I don't think they are the greatest of all time. That distinction goes to the mid-80's Lakers who won in '85, '87, and '88 back when the league had ballers, defense, and teams that had a genuine dislike of one another. And don't come back at me with but but but but Jordan's Bulls. Ain't nobody beating the Lakers, especially the 1987 team with 4 OVERALL #1's on their team. Warriors are good, but they ain't 80's Lakers good.

Ok, time to defend my position to the Jordan nutswingers. LOL

Go Rockets.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
While what the Warriors have done over the past 4 seasons is to be commended, I don't think they are the greatest of all time. That distinction goes to the mid-80's Lakers who won in '85, '87, and '88 back when the league had ballers, defense, and teams that had a genuine dislike of one another. And don't come back at me with but but but but Jordan's Bulls. Ain't nobody beating the Lakers, especially the 1987 team with 4 OVERALL #1's on their team. Warriors are good, but they ain't 80's Lakers good.

Ok, time to defend my position to the Jordan nutswingers. LOL

Go Rockets.

I'm gonna have to throw the '86 Celtics in there. Widely regarded as one of the best teams of all time. 5 HOF players on 1 team.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I'm gonna have to throw the '86 Celtics in there. Widely regarded as one of the best teams of all time. 5 HOF players on 1 team.

Indeed. I thought the 86 C’s and 87 lakers were the best but gave the edge to LA because they beat them in 85 and 87.

If Houston can win tonight that would be awesome. Wonder how the refs will call the game.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
That’s a wrap for the warriors. KD just ****ed his achilles. Hopefully he didn’t but sure looked that way.

Users who are viewing this thread