Official 2018-19 NHL thread

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
A win is a win but sometimes there are wins you just don't feel good about and tonight was one of those. Bruins were totally out played and physically dominated as well by one of the few teams I thought were even softer than the Bruins, but luckily they made good on their few chances and barely held on.

mysterio

Established Member
A win is a win but sometimes there are wins you just don't feel good about and tonight was one of those. Bruins were totally out played and physically dominated as well by one of the few teams I thought were even softer than the Bruins, but luckily they made good on their few chances and barely held on.

Steve (or anyone else that saw the game), did it seem like both goalies tried to out-suck each other?

Anderson: "Oh you let in a softie? I can top that."

Rask: "Meh. You're an amateur at letting in softies. Let me show you how it's done."

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Steve (or anyone else that saw the game), did it seem like both goalies tried to out-suck each other?

Anderson: "Oh you let in a softie? I can top that."

Rask: "Meh. You're an amateur at letting in softies. Let me show you how it's done."

Rask let in a softie but I thought he was better than Anderson. The Bruins for a change were opportunists. Leafs have run circles around them in 3 of 4 games so I think the Bruins are very fortunate to be going back home tied 2-2.
The only encouraging thing the Bruins did, aside from burying their few chances, was shutting the Leafs down pretty good in the last 5 minutes.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Do you wish your Pens shipped out Murray instead of the flower?

I think the Pens did the right thing letting MAF be available for the expansion draft. No doubt it was a very difficult emotional decision, as MAF was and is a fantastic talent and an even better teammate. In the end, the financial decision trumped the emotional decision. MAF gets ovations when he returns to town. Fans still love him, and my guess is most of Pittsburgh is rooting for Vegas to win it all. Murray is a top 5 goalie and his price tag is significantly lower than MAF’s. Murray has won 2 cups so it couldn’t have been too bad a choice. Could MAF also have won those 2 cups for the Pens? I think so.

In the end, they are both excellent goalies and I wish them both success.

mysterio

Established Member
What a horse-bleep effort by the Bruins tonight. Damn team lacks heart & grit, and there's too many passengers on the train.

Wish management could see they have a lame GM, too, but I know I'm asking a lot.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
What a horse-bleep effort by the Bruins tonight. Damn team lacks heart & grit, and there's too many passengers on the train.

Wish management could see they have a lame GM, too, but I know I'm asking a lot.

The Leafs weren't exactly full of fire and brimstone either. The intensity and emotion of playoff hockey has left this league, at least on a consistent basis and it all stems from player safety. I'm not saying they are wrong to try and protect players but there is always a price to be paid for it.
It's not just this series, I see it in some of the other series too. You see flashes of it now and then but its not even close to what it was years ago.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I forget all about these threads until my team wins a series... haha.. Avs took out the flames and now both #1 seeds are gone.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Boy, the heavyweights are dropping like flies. Bolts, Flames, Jets, Pens, all eliminated. Preds don't look like they're gonna survive, Bruins are done tomorrow, although I don't consider them a heavyweight, more like frauds but they did finish tied for 2nd overall in the standings. Caps are looking good tonight after not looking to good in Carolina.

Speaking of Caps and Canes did anyone see Dougie Hamilton bail out of playing the puck to avoid getting hit and the Caps scored as a direct result? Talent isn't everything which is why he's failed to stick with 2 teams now. No guts.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I didn't see the B's game but the Knights/Sharks was pretty good. Those guys were so damn tired by the end it was crazy. Since the Av's play the winner, I hope it's another 2OT game tomorrow to get them even more tired. lol.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
No Cup or ring for P.K. Subban again.

He may never get to properly accessorize his purses.

That makes 3 out of 4 division winners gone in the first round with the 4th going to a 7th game. Crazy. That is one thing the NHL still has going for it. Any team is vulnerable.

As a Bruins fan, GO CAROLINA!

Going to game 7 tonight, Garden should be loud.

Enjoy. Hopefully you will leave there happy.

mysterio

Established Member
This poor fan base is going to need therapy.

Starting with this guy:

ES71aCjm.jpg

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
This poor fan base is going to need therapy.

Starting with this guy:

View attachment 1568345

WTH is that?

You're right man. Leafs fans have to be wondering what they need to do to win a playoff series.

I thought the Leafs were the better team in 5 of the 7 games so the B's had to have a little puck luck on their side. I will say though as much as the Leafs dominated zone time the Bruins did a really good job limiting their quality chances.

Users who are viewing this thread