Official 2018-19 NHL thread

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Another really good game for Rask, with a little help from his friends the goal posts. Game really could have gone either way but the Bruins get the better bounce of the puck and advance.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
With the Bruins track record of game 6 losses, I had VERY low expectations of a win. Bruins had some posts too, as well as a goal that was disallowed. Awesome to see Backes on the score sheet. And again, how about those 3rd / 4th lines.

We're on to Carolina...

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
What's got into Carolina this playoffs? They haven't lost a game, have they? That will be an interesting series for sure! Personally, my nerves are already shot for tonight's game in SJ. I hope my guys win!

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
What's got into Carolina this playoffs? They haven't lost a game, have they? That will be an interesting series for sure! Personally, my nerves are already shot for tonight's game in SJ. I hope my guys win!

'Canes went 7 games against the Caps but have currently won 6 straight. Bruins will have their hands full.

Anything can happen in a game 7 but if I were a betting man I'd have to go with the Sharks. When they're on they look almost unbeatable. Good luck.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Yeah, for sure. Their defensive strategy against MacKinnon line is second to none. They get last change tonight so the Avs are going to have to be creative to free up their top guys.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Ya, I was kinda cheeky but I guess it is what it is. I mean, he probably did have his skate barely on the ice but I gotta think that happens a few times in every game. It was clear he was off and not affecting the play but rules are rules. Ya gotta wonder how that turned the entire game around. I feel like the NO Saints in a way.

They left it all out there and ya gotta give it to the Sharks. Peace and love!

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Relieved, if nothing else. My nerves couldn't take another ending like game 5.

Bring on the Whalers!

So how did you make out after game 1 of the Eastern final last night? I check in midway through the 3rd period when its 2-1 Carolina, come back 10 mins later and its 4-2 Boston! I'm not sure Cinderella was ready for that ball last night ;)
Western final should be a good series to watch as well. STL has really been able to lock down the games when it counts at the end of a series, much to my chagrin.

mysterio

Established Member
I went to bed after the second per.

Sometimes I feel like I’m a bad luck charm for them, as they often lose when I’m watching.

Was pleasantly surprised this morning, and of course, watched the highlights. Nothing in that 2nd period gave me any positive vibe.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I went to bed after the second per.

Sometimes I feel like I’m a bad luck charm for them, as they often lose when I’m watching.

Was pleasantly surprised this morning, and of course, watched the highlights. Nothing in that 2nd period gave me any positive vibe.

Nor should it have. They were outplayed by a pretty good margin for 2 periods but thanks to Dougie Hamilton and his stupid penalties early in the 3rd, the Bruins made good on them and swung the momentum. Can't stand that guy.

Rask was outstanding once again and he's been really good through out but he's gotta take it all the way if he's gonna shake that choke tag.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Bruins win another game where they were outplayed but riding a red hot Tuukka Rask. Hopefully they can close it out in game 4 and not give the 'canes any life.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Bruins win another game where they were outplayed but riding a red hot Tuukka Rask. Hopefully they can close it out in game 4 and not give the 'canes any life.

Would that give them too much rest though if they do manage to sweep? Looks like the West final is going 6 - 7 games and then the league sometimes likes to wait almost a week for the Cup Final to get going. Sometimes having too much time off between series is the downfall of teams.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Would that give them too much rest though if they do manage to sweep? Looks like the West final is going 6 - 7 games and then the league sometimes likes to wait almost a week for the Cup Final to get going. Sometimes having too much time off between series is the downfall of teams.

Yes, I believe too much time off is counter productive but I just don't want the 'canes to have any glimmer of hope. We've been there before.
Rest is way overrated imo. 2 days off should be all the rest a professional athlete needs to be 100% ready to go for the next game. Of course if you're injured that's a different story.

mysterio

Established Member
And yet another controversial play determined a game last night in St. Louis. How all 4 on ice officials don’t see a hand pass, or a puck going into the netting above the glass, is almost inconceivable. Almost.

There really needs to be some serious discussions in the off season about what is and is not reviewable. This is getting to be embarrassing.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
You knew the goal was going to stand too because it was not reviewable. Blues got shafted but they can still overcome this.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Are you guys all hoping for a rematch from 1970?

They're both solid teams but I think I'm leaning towards the Blues. San Jose scares me a little more with their potent offense but St. Louis definitely has the edge in net. Marty Jones has his brilliant moments but it seems like he's good for a softie at least once a game.

mysterio

Established Member
TOEDmSFm.jpg

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Bruins vs. Blues final. Probably a long series, hopefully the Bruins can keep their lucky streak going. Blues dominated the last 2 games against the Sharks and Billington has been really good. Sharks just looked like they ran out of gas along with some injuries.

Heard an interesting little trivia fact in last nights telecast. Boston and St. Louis are the only 2 cities to play for the championship in all 4 major sports.

Users who are viewing this thread