Official 2018-19 NHL thread

Coiled03

Established Member
Gah....the worst possible Finals match up. Can we have a year where nobody gets the cup?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Deny, Deny, Deny. But I would say the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

On a hockey related note, the Bruins looked pretty good after shaking off some 1st period rust.

mysterio

Established Member
Tired of all the whiners on social media already, chirping that Krug's hit was 'a vicious hit.' It was no such thing, and they conveniently fail to mention the mugging he got about a minute earlier.

jyT0EpVl.jpg

mysterio

Established Member
Crappy Bruins effort for game 2. Blues dominated them in just about every area.

I’d like to send out an APB for the whereabouts of Pasta and Marchand. Both have been MIA lately.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Crappy Bruins effort for game 2. Blues dominated them in just about every area.

I’d like to send out an APB for the whereabouts of Pasta and Marchand. Both have been MIA lately.

I've never seen such a lack of urgency in any playoff game let alone in the finals as the Bruins showed last night.

At this point the Bruins are lucky to survive any shift when Marchand and Pastrnak are on the ice and last night they did not survive. That Tarasenko goal was a pathetic display by both of them. Biggest playoff chokes in history.

The Bruins can win the Stanley Cup and I honestly don't enjoy watching this team. The 2011 Cup run had so many memorable moments and may have been the best run I've ever seen but this years Bruins playoff run has not a single moment that you would look at years from now and say 'remember when...........'

colin450

Established Member
The Bruins took the Blues best shot and still had a chance to win game 2. I'm still confident in them winning the series but this will probably go 7. Unless the top line doesn't show up, then they're toast.

mysterio

Established Member
Statement game 3. Nice effort by Boston, especially being mostly disciplined when the Blues were the complete opposite.

I'd like to see this wrap up in Boston before game 7. We all know that kind of physicality will take its toll over a long series.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Bergeron line finally showed up but has anyone seen David Krejci? Sometimes I have to ask myself if he's even playing.

M91196

Established Member
Bergeron line finally showed up but has anyone seen David Krejci? Sometimes I have to ask myself if he's even playing.

Even when he led the league in playoff scoring he seems invisible.

The only memorable moment I can think of is 2011 overtime winner against the Habs?

If he could put some points up in the next few games.....

Boston still struggling to exit their end, St Louis fore check is relentless with 2-3 men below the dots all the time.

The first 10 minutes Monday night will be epic, buckle up.

Go B’s

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Even when he led the league in playoff scoring he seems invisible.

The only memorable moment I can think of is 2011 overtime winner against the Habs?

If he could put some points up in the next few games.....

Boston still struggling to exit their end, St Louis fore check is relentless with 2-3 men below the dots all the time.

The first 10 minutes Monday night will be epic, buckle up.

Go B’s

Nathan Horton had the game 7 OT winner in that series. In fact Horton had 2 OT game winners in that series.

I think Krejci had an OT winner against the Leafs in the 2013 playoff run.

I think Toronto and Columbus were both better than the Blues. At least to this point. There were games in both of those series where they were skating circles around the Bruins. I still don't know how they got past either of them. Well, I really do know.............. Tuukka Rask. Clear cut MVP if the Bruins win.

M91196

Established Member
Nathan Horton had the game 7 OT winner in that series. In fact Horton had 2 OT game winners in that series.

I think Krejci had an OT winner against the Leafs in the 2013 playoff run.

I think Toronto and Columbus were both better than the Blues. At least to this point. There were games in both of those series where they were skating circles around the Bruins. I still don't know how they got past either of them. Well, I really do know.............. Tuukka Rask. Clear cut MVP if the Bruins win.

Absolutely Rask is MVP, hot goalie is almost mandatory to win the whole deal and Bruins have been burned on that in the finals-Dryden and Ranford come to mind.

So I started looking at stats and Krejci had 4 GWG in the run, one OT winner against philly.

I forgot that 3 of the Montreal games went to OT.....time to fire up YouTube

colin450

Established Member

Not putting his scoring struggles completely on him. His wingers are a streaky Jake Debrusk and the ghost of David Backes. He's always been a pass first guy, he needs his wingers to start putting the puck in the net.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Not putting his scoring struggles completely on him. His wingers are a streaky Jake Debrusk and the ghost of David Backes. He's always been a pass first guy, he needs his wingers to start putting the puck in the net.

I agree with that but it seems like that line isn't even creating any scoring chances. Krejci has always at least created chances but he's been invisible.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
After 2 apologies by the league for the debacle that has been playoff officiating, might as well go for the hat trick after that embarrassment in Boston last night.

I don't like to lay blame on refs for a missed call and I'm all for letting the boys play but that was as blatant of a trip as you will ever see and it directly led to the winning goal. Plus 2 head shots they didn't call.
With that said, I squarely lay blame on Marchand and Pastrnak. Total playoff no shows. Marchand just makes my blood boil.
Credit to the Blues. Big, tough, physical team that the small, not so tough Bruins just can't handle. It's good to see that style can still be a winning formula without being the most skilled team.

mysterio

Established Member
Steve, you're absolutely right. The entire top line, by and large, has been M.I.A. You can't win games by scoring 1 goal.

As far as the head shot goes, another Blues player (forget which one) has a hearing for that with the league today. It's been an almost endless parade of questionable hits and injuries.

At this point, if the Bruins are going to lose, just get it over with next game.

For the good of the sport, though, I strongly believe the entire officiating system needs a serious review and overhaul. Pretty much every single team in the league can point to an incident over the last couple of seasons that cost them a key game. And Bettman can say "I was sick" about the officiating, but until we see what they're going to do about it, it's just rhetoric.

Users who are viewing this thread