Official 2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
View attachment 1484161

yes, philly had a kicker that never won a superbowl troll dallas. you make fun of it, i look at it as dallas didn't deserve better.
Dallas didn't deserve it at all. Nobody deserved to have their ears hurt by that man child yelling. Philly at least knows how to copy one of greatest franchises ever. Now all they have to do is copy them 4 more times and then they'll finally be on Dallas' level.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Dallas didn't deserve it at all. Nobody deserved to have their ears hurt by that man child yelling. Philly at least knows how to copy one of greatest franchises ever. Now all they have to do is copy them 4 more times and then they'll finally be on Dallas' level.

man, you sound ultra salt. didn't know a kicker could get someone that worked up. mission accomplished, david akers.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
man, you sound ultra salt. didn't know a kicker could get someone that worked up. mission accomplished, david akers.
Not worked up at all. Just a poor attempt at trolling that had been done previously. Also, when you don't have the clout to back up your trolling, like Pearson did, then it's kinda doomed from the start.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Not worked up at all. Just a poor attempt at trolling that had been done previously. Also, when you don't have the clout to back up your trolling, like Pearson did, then it's kinda doomed from the start.

whelp, the nfl begs to differ with your opinion, making aker's jab the feature thumbnail in a list of roasts the cowboys received over the weekend:

the fact we're talking about a kicker is already mission accomplished by akers.

as far as clout and relevancy, the eagles and akers have been more relevant and had more clout in the past 20 years than dallas has.

but there's something i'll say which we may agree with.

dallas WILL win the super bowl this year...

0295D1C4-FEE9-4B7E-956C-C023CEEBA6E6.thumb.jpeg.573c7a7d884ae4d7d9816a7a938a8104.jpg

p.s. go dallas.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
If Dallas could put a real team on the field this wouldn’t be an issue.

dallas had a real team in 2016 when they went 13-3. but they chose to go with dak at qb in the playoffs, instead of handing the reigns back to romo. if dallas was smart, as a franchise, they would've handed the starting qb job back to romo as soon as he healed or they were in the playoffs.

remember when manning got injured and osweiller was looking pretty good? even though osweiller looked good, what did denver do? they went back to manning. and what happened? they won the super bowl.

i believe that if dallas went back to romo and played romo against green bay, they would've won and probably won the super bowl.

but, they didn't. they stuck with dak and ditched romo. now they're stuck with dak, no super bowl... and are still paying romo and dez.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I still wouldn’t call them a real team at that time. Just like the Browns will have to make it to the Super Bowl before people take them seriously. Until then...they’re just the same old Browns.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I still wouldn’t call them a real team at that time. Just like the Browns will have to make it to the Super Bowl before people take them seriously. Until then...they’re just the same old Browns.

there in lies why dallas mires in mediocrity and have not been truly relevant in over two decades. missed opportunities and bad decisions.

trust me, they fielded a real team in 2016. their record and dominance of opponents showed it. it's just they met another real team, with a better plan and a better qb in the playoffs.

2016 was their year to win it all, but it turned out to be another a missed chance because they believed dak was their future. don't get me wrong, i think dak can be an okay quarterback... but he is not a franchise corner stone. his time without elliot this past season showed that.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
There are 2 words that keep Dallas from the SB. Jerry Jones.

And lol at the draft. Who cares about Akers? I just wonder when Goodell will get tired of being booed.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
and this is why the eagles are so good:

howie mf'n roseman. and to any organization trying to copy his blueprint, they will be copying an outdated version. i believe howie is already planning the teams' path 5 years from now. very good breakdown and insight into the eagles' top flight gm.

also like the line:

"philip rivers and ben ben roethlisberger channeled their energy into eli manning to repeatedly f*** the patriots" LUL

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Congrats to Jason Witten on a helluva career. He's the epitome of what an NFL player should be. I wish him all the success in his next career.

JW seems like the real deal. The fact that he is a Cowboy and I don’t despise him tells me he must be ok. To be honest, I am surprised he has chosen to play for so long on a team that is/has been average at best.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
JW seems like the real deal. The fact that he is a Cowboy and I don’t despise him tells me he must be ok. To be honest, I am surprised he has chosen to play for so long on a team that is/has been average at best.
I'm surprised he never left. I'm sure him being so close to Tony kept him there and maybe that's just the kind of guy he was. Wanted to stay with one organization his whole career possibly.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
and this is why the eagles are so good:

howie mf'n roseman. and to any organization trying to copy his blueprint, they will be copying an outdated version. i believe howie is already planning the teams' path 5 years from now. very good breakdown and insight into the eagles' top flight gm.

also like the line:

"philip rivers and ben ben roethlisberger channeled their energy into eli manning to repeatedly f*** the patriots" LUL
This will only matter if they stay relevant for at least the next 5 years.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
This will only matter if they stay relevant for at least the next 5 years.

that's the thing.. with the front office, coaching staff, and roster the eagles have assembled -- it's not hard seeing the eagles do that and probably longer.

with how the eagles are built, they are meant to stay competitive. the past season shows how well the roster has been put together and how well they are coached. the team went 13-3 without a LOT of their "stars". then went on to beat the defending nfc champions the falcons, embarrassed the number one defense in the vikings, and outdueled bellchick and brady in the super bowl.

when you take in all of that, it's not hard to see the eagles.. as you said "stay relevant for at least the next 5 years".

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
They could have a great formula in place, but only time will tell if it can weather key players leaving for bigger contracts, injuries, Roger Goodell, rule changes, Patriots cheating, the draft, zombie apocalypse etc. Should be interesting to watch. The coach is from up here, so I am rooting for him.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Eagles are solid and very well may be good for several years. But don’t get carried away. Things change quickly in the NFL. As was said above....time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread