Official 2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
WOOHOO!!! Trump cancels Eagles visit to the White House today!!!! **** The and **** the mayor and **** the nfl and **** the loudmouth athletes denouncing him and **** the media. I been reading that less than 10 of the beagles were going to the WH today so Trump said F YOU and cancelled it... now everyone is coming out and saying he politicized the visit, he is wrong, he is an egomaniac, etc. Are you ****ing kidding me? HE politicized it? What a bunch of ****ing losers! The Eagles, the mayor, the media, etc. politicized it. All he said was **** YOU- CANCELLED. I love it. Carry on...

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Trump has been politicizing the NFL/kneeling for a while.

When he went off at that Alabama rally bashing the NFL for allowing players to kneel, Kap was already out of the league and only 2-3 players were still kneeling but no one cared anymore. The media already moved onto another subject till he went off on the subject last year.
Then players kneeled purely to spite his rant.

Both sides have been politicizing this for a while.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Trump has been politicizing the NFL/kneeling for a while.

When he went off at that Alabama rally bashing the NFL for allowing players to kneel, Kap was already out of the league and only 2-3 players were still kneeling but no one cared anymore. The media already moved onto another subject till he went off on the subject last year.
Then players kneeled purely to spite his rant.

Both sides have been politicizing this for a while.

to the point where the nfl now says if you do not want to stand or participate in the anthem you can stay in the locker room.

i see and understand that our troops fought and some gave their lives so a select few in this country can play a game as a career, with some being paid millions.

but they also fought and gave their lives so the same people could freely express themselves.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
the way i see it, with how diluted our country is these days with every single type of human being that exists around the globe living here and wanting a say in what THEY want, there are fewer and fewer things that bring us together as AMERICANS. our national anthem is one of them. what else is left? i realize that the anthem ceremonies were not always there before athletic games, but they have been for a long time now and quite frankly i like the idea...it is unifying. if you want to protest, how about doing it on your own time and dime? there is already enough divisiveness in this country. when does it stop? we are slowly approaching anarchy.

PS the anarchy thing is dramatic. Sorry.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
the way i see it, with how diluted our country is these days with every single type of human being that exists around the globe living here and wanting a say in what THEY want, there are fewer and fewer things that bring us together as AMERICANS. our national anthem is one of them. what else is left? i realize that the anthem ceremonies were not always there before athletic games, but they have been for a long time now and quite frankly i like the idea...it is unifying. if you want to protest, how about doing it on your own time and dime? there is already enough divisiveness in this country. when does it stop? we are slowly approaching anarchy.

America has been a melting pot. Nothing new. Most buy into the system, and others still keep a part of their culture/heritage with them.

I don't get why people eat the cheese when it comes to the protest. It doesn't delay the game, they don't kneel when the clock is running. Those select few kneeled only during the anthem to get a reaction, and you gave it to them. Congrats, you gave them the attention they wanted by freaking out.
Oh no, some black athlete is kneeling, lets freak out over that when there are thousands in the stands talking, still wearing their hat or on their phone. See it at college games, NFL, NBA and NHL games.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
America has been a melting pot. Nothing new. Most buy into the system, and others still keep a part of their culture/heritage with them.

I don't get why people eat the cheese when it comes to the protest. It doesn't delay the game, they don't kneel when the clock is running. Those select few kneeled only during the anthem to get a reaction, and you gave it to them. Congrats, you gave them the attention they wanted by freaking out.
Oh no, some black athlete is kneeling, lets freak out over that when there are thousands in the stands talking, still wearing their hat or on their phone. See it at college games, NFL, NBA and NHL games.

this.

also, the supreme court just ruled in favor of a cake shop's right to free speech when they said that they did not have to make a design asked for by customers. i think a good portion of america agrees with that ruling.

why is that free speech supported, but the freedom of speech expressed by athletes opposed? because it is not agreeable? limited free speech is not true free speech. jmho.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member

I do get what you are saying. And Anarchy might be a strong word, sorry. But seriously- I know we have always been a melting pot, that is not what this is about. I think that there are things we can do as a country to unify. Being together at a sporting event in many large crowds across the country at the same time and everyone is there for that and psyched. And it was cool when they did flyovers our outdoor stadiums and we sing the anthem. Hats off, hands on heart, etc. That used to be something good. I agree about the people in the stands nowadays too but it was not like that when I was growing up, and if it was it was a rare exception. I remember people telling others to be quiet and take their hats off. There was a lot more pride and respect. I am not even 50. A lot has changed and not just the kneeling stuff now. I like something that unifies and am not a fan of using it as an opportunity to express social issues. I feel that can be done at other times, but agree it should be done if you feel so strongly about something. I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

I don't notice that very often but the ones who do that are the younger generation and are most likely on the side of the kneelers.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
this.

also, the supreme court just ruled in favor of a cake shop's right to free speech when they said that they did not have to make a design asked for by customers. i think a good portion of america agrees with that ruling.

why is that free speech supported, but the freedom of speech expressed by athletes opposed? because it is not agreeable? limited free speech is not true free speech. jmho.

I agree with the cake shop result.

I have no problem with them expressing something. Never said that. I just feel there is a time and place. I preferred when those few minutes were unifying and proud and respectful.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
The difference between the cake shop and the NFL is, the cake shop owner was the one expressing his 1A right as the sole owner of his business. The NFL, on the other hand, is a business with owners and investors. It would be like someone in a Microsoft office building taping a large message in the windows. They don't have that right because they are on Microsoft's property. Microsoft may not want people to think that one person represents their policies. The NFL is now saying, you are in our stadiums and on our time, do your protests outside of work. They still have their 1A rights, just not on the stage they once had.

I'll wait and see how the XFL turns out.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't notice that very often but the ones who do that are the younger generation and are most likely on the side of the kneelers.

Yea, it may be regional. Talking about Miami Dade/Ft Lauderdale for the games I usually go to. Teams suck, and so do the fairweather fans lol.

I agree with the cake shop result.

I have no problem with them expressing something. Never said that. I just feel there is a time and place. I preferred when those few minutes were unifying and proud and respectful.

I hear you on that.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I think i posted once or twice in last years NFL thread, a far-cry from years ago when i was betting with you guys weekly and posting daily in here. I love football, but have been completely turned off the NFL for the past couple years because i've had enough with liberalism and entitled black mentality in the sport. That goes for the NBA too. Do your job and shut the **** up. What you want to do on your free time is up to you. These people are making millions of dollars yet still feel like they are oppressed. You want to know what oppression is. Try working an actual 9-5 job and being there for your children you made. Like actually being a father to them and have involvement with your kids lives, and raise them up to be productive members of society. And on top of that, try being productive yourselves when you're not on the field. That means not having run-ins with law enforcement.

Until then, i have no respect for these loudmouth players.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I think i posted once or twice in last years NFL thread, a far-cry from years ago when i was betting with you guys weekly and posting daily in here. I love football, but have been completely turned off the NFL for the past couple years because i've had enough with liberalism and entitled black mentality in the sport. That goes for the NBA too. Do your job and shut the **** up. What you want to do on your free time is up to you. These people are making millions of dollars yet still feel like they are oppressed. You want to know what oppression is. Try working an actual 9-5 job and being there for your children you made. Like actually being a father to them and have involvement with your kids lives, and raise them up to be productive members of society. And on top of that, try being productive yourselves when you're not on the field. That means not having run-ins with law enforcement.

Until then, i have no respect for these loudmouth players.

I think I'm out too. I've had it with those asshole players.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Le Bump...
2hrd6o2.png

38023572_1849458281766880_7057526802368954368_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread