Official 2018 NFL season thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sucks for him... And 49er fans...

As for my team. Broncos' coaching staff is horrible. There is loads of talent on that team that goes totally unused...

Did someone say unused talent?? Loads of it over here!

I think you're forgetting about when your boy Peyton Manning and his front office cried that the Patriots defense was too hard on him and his receivers so the NFL changed the rules to help their golden boy out. Because of that, we have the rules we have today. Brady and kapernik had nothing to do with that.

I know as usual with you, the facts probably don't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Don't fall for it....

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got the first win and I was there to see it!

081849.png

Coiled03

Established Member
I think you're forgetting about when your boy Peyton Manning and his front office cried that the Patriots defense was too hard on him and his receivers so the NFL changed the rules to help their golden boy out. Because of that, we have the rules we have today. Brady and kapernik had nothing to do with that.

I know as usual with you, the facts probably don't matter.

The rules about completely mugging receivers off the line MIGHT have been changed due to Peyton and the Colts, though we have no proof of that. And regardless, it needed to be done. What the Pats were doing wasn't football, and nobody wants to watch 10-7 football games every week.

That aside, everybody knows this "can't hit the QB" bullshit was started when Brady tore his ACL against the Chiefs in whatever year that was.

scott_0

Established Member
fitzmagic guy has been a journeyman qb with multiple teams for a reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
So how many games have had the outcome impacted by the new roughing penalty through three weeks?

I know of two for sure...Lions vs. 49ers and Vikes vs. Packers.

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm just waiting for defensive players to just start blasting QBs. If they're going to get fined anyhow, might as well get their money's worth.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I'm just waiting for defensive players to just start blasting QBs. If they're going to get fined anyhow, might as well get their money's worth.

Looks like the league is set to meet to discuss the QB roughing penalty issues. Too little, too late. It has already impacted the outcomes of multiple games through the first three weeks of the season.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got an idea. Maybe the QB should just wear a belt with maybe some velcro attached strips of material. Then, instead of hitting the QB, defensive players would just pull one of those pieces of material, let's call them flags, and that would indicate that he is down.

Users who are viewing this thread