Official 2023 College Football Season thread

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
We are a big Ohio State household (wife, brother in-in law, niece graduated there), but I am Notre Dame all the way. I grew up in a Notre Dame house (brother graduated there, old neighbor was a former player / captain) so we are a divided house on this one.

My daughter and I where at South Bend for the game last weekend. Life long Notre Dame fan here.
cf473f092b9ba23d467d8cfce478664f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Unfortunately the big ND games I've been to were losses . 1990 loss to Stanford, 2009 vs USC, one day I'll get to see a big time win in person.

The game I wanted was the USC game under the lights but they couldn’t guarantee me two seats together so pass I coulda got them for $200 each. The OSU tickets were going for $600 and up when I looked so no thanks.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
$600 is a lot. If I had the opportunity to go I would. Ohio state has kicked the crap out of ND since 1995. My ear to the ground this week says Ohio State fans are super nervous for the game. If ND wins it's their biggest win since 1993 vs Florida State.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
$600 is a lot. If I had the opportunity to go I would. Ohio state has kicked the crap out of ND since 1995. My ear to the ground this week says Ohio State fans are super nervous for the game. If ND wins it's their biggest win since 1993 vs Florida State.

Agreed it’s a lot I would also have to have taken off as it’s my weekend to work. But if I could go I would. I live in Ohio and I can tell from people Buckeyes fans that I’ve talked too they’re nervous. I just hope Notre Dame can stop Harrison Jr. I want this win more than any other this year even more than USC. Would love to see a win and the students fans run on the field.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
LOL ain't no one nervous. OSU is gonna kick Notre Dame's ass.

Maybe you aren’t. But I can tell you Ohio folks around here in Ohio are I’ve heard it word of mouth personally. If Notre Dame can stop Harrison Jr. They have a shot. Go Irish!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Maybe you aren’t. But I can tell you Ohio folks around here in Ohio are I’ve heard it word of mouth personally. If Notre Dame can stop Harrison Jr. They have a shot. Go Irish!

OSU fans are the worst! If we don't win by 1,500 points every game the team is worthless. LOL

Trust me, OSU has a HUGE talent advantage vs. ND. ND QB is good and has a lot of experience, but OSU will let it rip offensively and win going away.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
OSU fans are the worst! If we don't win by 1,500 points every game the team is worthless. LOL

Trust me, OSU has a HUGE talent advantage vs. ND. ND QB is good and has a lot of experience, but OSU will let it rip offensively and win going away.

Shit around here there already saying Ryan Days job is on the line. Don’t forget Audric Estime as well at RB if you haven’t heard of him besides Sam Hartman. OSU better start out fast tempo and not sluggish is all I’m gonna say. Do they have talent? Yes, I’m hoping for an Irish win .

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Shit around here there already saying Ryan Days job is on the line. Don’t forget Audric Estime as well at RB if you haven’t heard of him besides Sam Hartman. OSU better start out fast tempo and not sluggish is all I’m gonna say. Do they have talent? Yes, I’m hoping for an Irish win .

Estime rushed for 21 yards against us last year. Its more about if the ND Oline can get push against our defensive front. It also depends on how our jackass D coordinator game plans and strategizes. He is the guy who has something to prove, not Ryan Day. Speaking of which, that is how I know the OSU fans you know are unrealistic. OSU is not going to fire a guy for losing to ND or only winning 91% of his games. Buckeye fans need to get a grip. LOL

ND has a good football team, I won't take that away from them. But they are overmatched by OSU and as you said, OSU better start with tempo and not be sluggish, meaning it is up to OSU, not ND.

rborden

Established Member
I was pulling for CSU. I'm not a fan of the Prime arrogance charade.

That said, I think Colorado emotionally blew their wad tonight against an inferior opponent and will have a huge let down next week.

I'm taking the Ducks to embarrass the Buffs by 20+ in Eugene next weekend.
Easy money. I just deprived a co-worker of $500 on that game.

Users who are viewing this thread