Official 2023 College Football Season thread

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Come to think of it, that was offensive to the mob as it does have some redeeming qualities unlike the ncaa.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
It is understood that 'Preseason Polls are meaningless"...

EXCEPT for Michigan & Ohio State. When you start off in the "Preseason Poll" in the Top 5...then ONLY play Cupcakes...until you play each other at the END of the Season...then you occupy 2 spaces in the Top 5 that you have ZERO credibility to occupy throughout the Season...until you lose...

Oh...and...F#(K Clemson being at 9...did NOBODY WATCH the Orange Bowl??? And "Klubfootnik"...

*steps off soap box

F28WHSXXwAAd8-m

Rocky Top is HERE!!!!!

Attachments

• 1691502196787.png
    1691502196787.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

EXCEPT for Michigan & Ohio State. When you start off in the "Preseason Poll" in the Top 5...then ONLY play Cupcakes...until you play each other at the END of the Season...then you occupy 2 spaces in the Top 5 that you have ZERO credibility to occupy throughout the Season...until you lose...

Oh...and...F#(K Clemson being at 9...did NOBODY WATCH the Orange Bowl??? And "Klubfootnik"...

*steps off soap box

F28WHSXXwAAd8-m

Rocky Top is HERE!!!!!
Wait...OSU plays #2, #7, #13, and #21 with three of those four games on the road. Sure, I agree with you that preseason rankings are garbage, but to aim at OSU playing cupcakes is hilarious when UGA's schedule is absolutely laughable.

Checks his notes...OSU made the title game in 2020 after throttling Clemson in the semifinal (does Tennessee know what a playoff win looks like? Wait...do they know what the playoffs look like?). Last season OSU was 1-point away from beating UGA in a epic semifinal in which they were without their top 2 WRs, top 2 RBs, and top TE (not making excuses, but losing Marv and not having JSN available hurt). Stop with your OSU hate, it is a garbage take.

But to your point, these rankings are garbage. No one has even begun to hit in pads yet!

7upstang

Established Member
Wait...OSU plays #2, #7, #13, and #21 with three of those four games on the road. Sure, I agree with you that preseason rankings are garbage, but to aim at OSU playing cupcakes is hilarious when UGA's schedule is absolutely laughable.

Checks his notes...OSU made the title game in 2020 after throttling Clemson in the semifinal (does Tennessee know what a playoff win looks like? Wait...do they know what the playoffs look like?). Last season OSU was 1-point away from beating UGA in a epic semifinal in which they were without their top 2 WRs, top 2 RBs, and top TE (not making excuses, but losing Marv and not having JSN available hurt). Stop with your OSU hate, it is a garbage take.

But to your point, these rankings are garbage. No one has even begun to hit in pads yet!
You're on the right path here...I'd just like to point out that Tennessee hasn't even come close to a Championship this century.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

*steps off soap box

F28WHSXXwAAd8-m

Rocky Top is HERE!!!!!
You know you pick who you play before the preseason rankings come out right?

TAF

Established Member
Don't get too excited but I thought about you this morning. Was driving and saw a Prius with a Tennsesse sticker on the back windshield. Right next to it was a rainbow sticker....yeah I laughed.
Probably one of those THOUSANDS of recent arrivals in Tennessee from California.

Rocky Top is HERE!

giphy.gif

TAF

Established Member
Don't get too excited but I thought about you this morning. Was driving and saw a Prius with a Tennsesse sticker on the back windshield. Right next to it was a rainbow sticker....yeah I laughed.
Probably one of those THOUSANDS of recent arrivals in Tennessee from California.

Rocky Top is HERE!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread