Official Snowmobile Thread

RX1Cobra

Established Member
It is heavy but I'm used to it and can keep up with just about anyone on the trails. On the lakes the extra weight is nice, sleds real stable. Especially when you cruise at 90.

I may trade both in next year on a turbo cat. Probably a used 15 or so. Would love a Sidewinder but can't spend 15K on a toy I'm lucky to use 3 months a year.

hoamskilet

Established Member
one of the guys I ride with bought a Sidewinder. Can't wait to see that bad boy in action. Those new YamaCat turbos are gonna be beasts

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Heading up for the first trip this Friday. They just got 4 inches of snow and are supposed to get another 4-6. Should be pretty good conditions. Can't wait!

hoamskilet

Established Member
Heading up for the first trip this Friday. They just got 4 inches of snow and are supposed to get another 4-6. Should be pretty good conditions. Can't wait!
Where ya headed?

We're supposed to be going up to the Minocqua area next weekend. It cannot get here soon enough.

Just picked up a used gps unit from a lady yesterday I need to work on getting mounted

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
My buddy standing next to my Polaris, central MT
IMG_0753.JPG

hoamskilet

Established Member
Man.....

this

winter.

On the verge of possibly canceling a trip for the second time this year. This blows

awful knawful

Established Member
New 800 ctec motor for cat on Monday. Made in St.Cloud. Replacing the tried and true 800 SuzukI.
Wednesday Cat got sold to Textron for $247M + debt. $348M total.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Had snow until a ton of days of above freezing temps in a row and rain killed the trails. We were supposed to go to Minocqua last weekend but canceled due to 40+ degree temps and rain. Supposed to be heading up to Tomahawk Monday, but the trail reports I'm seeing aren't too good. Temps have dropped, but the damage has been done already

hoamskilet

Established Member
New 800 ctec motor for cat on Monday. Made in St.Cloud. Replacing the tried and true 800 SuzukI.
Wednesday Cat got sold to Textron for $247M + debt. $348M total.
Was shocked to see that sale. While I'm on a Ski Doo, I hope Cat can keep going and put out good products.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Finally going to be heading north for a trip, and I can`t be seen on a dirty nasty sled. She hasn`t had a bath in a long time, so we had to do something about that. Here`s what we had to start with....a dirty 2012 Ski Doo Renegade 800etec:

IMG_6848-X2.jpg

IMG_6847-X2.jpg

IMG_6849-X2.jpg

IMG_6850-X2.jpg

IMG_6853-X2.jpg

IMG_6852-X2.jpg

IMG_6854-X2.jpg

IMG_6857-X2.jpg

IMG_6856-X2.jpg

IMG_6859-X2.jpg

IMG_6858-X2.jpg

And of course I had my little helper:

IMG_6851-X2.jpg

Here`s what I grabbed out of the cabinet to get the job done. Did a rinseless wash with some UWW+, polished all the smooth plastic and metal tunnel with CarPro Essence, treated all smooth surfaces with some DP paint coating, all textured plastic got treated with Ultima Trim and Tire Guard (forgot to put it in the pic), and the seat got treated with Four Star Vinyl Protectant.

IMG_6861-X2.jpg

Couple quick notes on the products. The Ultima TTG really brought the textured plastic to life. Darkened it up nice. The CarPro Essence seems like it`s going to work perfect for the smooth plastic pieces. As far as I know, there`s no correcting scratches and swirls out of that material. I worked the Essence with a Flex PE8 buffer using a black pad. It really seemed to put a nice shine on the plastic pieces without adding any more swirls and looked like it filled in the existing defects....turned out great. DP paint coating was super easy to work with. Left a nice slick finish.

Put the hired help to work. They`re cheap labor.....work for m&m`s and popcorn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread