official socal cobra sightings thread

nemanracing

Established Member
A friend of mine's dad has a red 04 vert here in riverside, he say's it is an "R" upgrade from svt, and has paper work from svt showing the "R" upgrade and specs but his is the only one i've seen/heard of... Do you guys think its real? The car put down 486.5rwhp "bone stock"... :bowdown:

UCBeau

i think its bullshit. maybe some shady dealership added a few aftermarket parts and called it an "R" or something

wickedstangs

Established Member
I see this terminator ever morning...
Screaming%20Yellow%2003.jpg

nemanracing

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i think its bullshit. maybe some shady dealership added a few aftermarket parts and called it an "R" or something

It's not from a shady dealership, it was a special order from SVT from Fritts Ford here in Riverside... So thats not it plus there's not one aftermarket part on the car... Nor does it have any R symbols...

TEABG

Banned
nemanracing said:
A friend of mine's dad has a red 04 vert here in riverside, he say's it is an "R" upgrade from svt, and has paper work from svt showing the "R" upgrade and specs but his is the only one i've seen/heard of... Do you guys think its real? The car put down 486.5rwhp "bone stock"... :bowdown:

UCBeau

nemanracing said:
It's not from a shady dealership, it was a special order from SVT from Fritts Ford here in Riverside... So thats not it plus there's not one aftermarket part on the car... Nor does it have any R symbols...
lol you obviously don't know ford or sVT, but its all good. your uncle or whatever can keep is "R" and we'll all laugh at him.

nemanracing

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
lol you obviously don't know ford or sVT, but its all good. your uncle or whatever can keep is "R" and we'll all laugh at him.

Obviously i don't... Thats why i asked... I didn't believe him after I resaerched it... He said something about it being like 1 of 6 '04 verts with this "R" upgrade... Thanks for clearing that up...

UCBeau

he's blowing smoke OR the dealer blew some smoke. no R package for 04..there was the 2000 Cobra R but you'd know if your uncle or whatever had that car.

nemanracing

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
he's blowing smoke OR the dealer blew some smoke. no R package for 04..there was the 2000 Cobra R but you'd know if your uncle or whatever had that car.

Probably, thanks again... I know its not a 2000, it's an 04 Cobra vert, and his son has an 04 Mach 1...

It's probably him with the smoke, fritts ford is one of the top saleen/roushe(sp?) dealers...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread