Official: Stock 2018 Mustang GT Goes 12.0 In The 1/4 Mile - LMR.com

Ziad@LMR

Established Member
Here it is! LMR.com provides the world with the first OFFICIAL 1/4 mile times for the 2018 Mustang. This car is equipped with the Performance Package and 300A package.

ET: 12.02
60’: 1.90
MPH: 117
Car Weight w/ Driver & Fuel: Approx. 4075 lbs
Transmission: 10R80 Auto​

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Car went 11.80's now with a drag tire combo and resonator delete according to an IG post. MPH was 119+ as well.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
4075 lbs!!!!! geeeez so much for being nimble. 12.0 is pretty dam quick tho! yea id like to know the driver weight cause either HE or the CAR needs to go on a serious diet! approaching Demon weight and thats a heavy Devil.....

Ford seems to be going backwards with this. each year the car gets heavier it seems.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
4075 lbs!!!!! geeeez so much for being nimble. 12.0 is pretty dam quick tho! yea id like to know the driver weight cause either HE or the CAR needs to go on a serious diet! approaching Demon weight and thats a heavy Devil.....

Ford seems to be going backwards with this. each year the car gets heavier it seems.

Why the surprise? Its not like the previous model s550 was much lighter in race weight... driver was probably 175-200lbs. That makes the new gt around 3,875 - 3,900 lbs with an auto.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wud just assume they wud be makn them lighter vs. heavier since the whole Muscle car thing is so prevalent these days with competing manufactures.

its jus hard to believe it weighs 350 lbs more then my 13 does with me in it. and it aint like my car is stock. Turbo kit, suspension, stereo etc.... thats like stacking (8) 45 lb plates in my rear seat! just seems extreme to me considering the extra power it has to make to move that much weight.

Why the surprise? Its not like the previous model s550 was much lighter in race weight... driver was probably 175-200lbs. That makes the new gt around 3,875 - 3,900 lbs with an auto.

termoil78

Established Member
I will remain a skeptic until I see more from other sources....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wud just assume they wud be makn them lighter vs. heavier since the whole Muscle car thing is so prevalent these days with competing manufactures.

its jus hard to believe it weighs 350 lbs more then my 13 does with me in it. and it aint like my car is stock. Turbo kit, suspension, stereo etc.... thats like stacking (8) 45 lb plates in my rear seat! just seems extreme to me considering the extra power it has to make to move that much weight.

Yeah, cars seem to keep gaining weight. I do like how light 11-14 5.0s are but also like the better handling and motor on the 15+ 5.0s.....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, cars seem to keep gaining weight. I do like how light 11-14 5.0s are but also like the better handling and motor on the 15+ 5.0s.....

It's all the safety bullshit with crash bars, crumple zones, airbags, sensors etc.
Not to mention all the newer options in cars these days (backup camera, GPS, puddle lamps, blah blah blah)

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
true the 15+ motor is definitely more stout! once u upgrade suspension the handling isn't much different imo

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
true the 15+ motor is definitely more stout! once u upgrade suspension the handling isn't much different imo

I'll have to disagree on the handling portion. The 15+ cars are on a different league handling wise. Even when the 14 and below are modded.

Unless you are a drag guy, 15+ suspension all the way!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well yea with the IRS and corner carving I agree. I jus go fast straight tho lol

I'll have to disagree on the handling portion. The 15+ cars are on a different league handling wise. Even when the 14 and below are modded.

Unless you are a drag guy, 15+ suspension all the way!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I have driven a '15 and did not think the handling was noticeably better than in my '14 GT in stock form, aside from some wheelhop which was a PITA. Now that I have modded my GT suspension (Koni yellow coilovers, BMR watts link, etc) the handling is ridiculous. That will only improve once I lose the factory Pirellis and put on a set of MPSS ( or whatever the new model is ).

bunk22

Established Member
I have driven a '15 and did not think the handling was noticeably better than in my '14 GT in stock form, aside from some wheelhop which was a PITA. Now that I have modded my GT suspension (Koni yellow coilovers, BMR watts link, etc) the handling is ridiculous. That will only improve once I lose the factory Pirellis and put on a set of MPSS ( or whatever the new model is ).

My 2012 GT was not good in the handling department and my 2015 GT was awful in the handling department as well IMO. I dont race anymore but had to fix stuff, like body roll, wheel hop, for the street. Better tires would have been a good start. I am interested in the 18 though and read that another 10 speed auto, but with 3.15 gears, went 12.3@120. On the net, must be true!

Users who are viewing this thread