Official Suspension Thread

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Well I have gone through all the past threads and didn't really find much info on rear suspension setups. I have swaped to a Mach 1 solid axle in the rear and am looking in to making it hook better at the drag strip and really have no idea where to start since it is 100 % stock back there. I have seen steeda has a 5 link but really dont know where to start so does any one have any advice ?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
go to griggsracing.com there they will tell why the mustang does not hook or handle well at all.
something about the roll center in back is to high and the roll center in front is to low. this creates brake dive, weight transfer problems and other difficulties.
they explain very clearly whats wrong with the suspension and how to fix. keep in mind theres more to it than just throwing lowering springs into the car.

if you have the cash i would recomend going to them, they will set up the just as you want it. ex they can lower it without losing suspension travel, set it up specifically for drag racing, or make it handle like a porsche.

griggs, mm, steeda they are all very good but will take some cash. dont just throw shorter springs at the car and expect the hook problem to be resolved. the problem is in the mustangs chasis not with the suspension. good luck.

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
If I remember correctly you have to go with side exhaust or turndowns if you go with the steeda rear end because of the way its made.

Users who are viewing this thread