"Official" VMP TVS owner thread

SVTXTC

Established Member
Any info on the ship date :shrug:

The next batch is currently in the manufacturing stage and is due in Jan-Feb of 2015. You can't rush perfection. I'm patiently waiting on mine, hope all is going well with senkak's and there were no manufacturing defects. I would rather wait to make sure it's right and not have to send it back. I am interested in the gt500 tb and if they made any improvements to it with the new model, and if the one I pre-ordered and paid for in November for Black Friday will show up as the old or new revision or if I will be given the option to upgrade before they ship?

cj428mach

Established Member
The next batch is currently in the manufacturing stage and is due in Jan-Feb of 2015. You can't rush perfection. I'm patiently waiting on mine, hope all is going well with senkak's and there were no manufacturing defects. I would rather wait to make sure it's right and not have to send it back. I am interested in the gt500 tb and if they made any improvements to it with the new model, and if the one I pre-ordered and paid for in November for Black Friday will show up as the old or new revision or if I will be given the option to upgrade before they ship?

Do you have any idea what month it is? It's March now, lol.

mjg11

MJG 11
Established Member
I don't know how true it is but I heard a rumor they were received today and will be shipping by the end of the week. :shrug:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I ran my VMP TVS 2.3 Gen 2 last weekend at the GT500/Terminator Shoot Out at NMRA Bradenton.
Came in 2nd place of 20 cars and ran a new PB of 9.6@146!

SVTXTC

Established Member
I ran my VMP TVS 2.3 Gen 2 last weekend at the GT500/Terminator Shoot Out at NMRA Bradenton.
Came in 2nd place of 20 cars and ran a new PB of 9.6@146!

Congrats that is an awesome PB!

What are your observations between the gen1 and gen2? From driving to performance? Did you make any additional changes or was the new time blower only change? Please share any thoughts on your seat time with the new gen2 if you wouldn't mind!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
The Gen 2 case is the same as the Gen 1. The difference is in the internal machining.
The Gen 2 will flow a bit more air, runs a bit cooler. it a bit more efficient and has an EGR provision.
Enhancements to an already well designed package.

SVTXTC

Established Member
The Gen 2 case is the same as the Gen 1. The difference is in the internal machining.
The Gen 2 will flow a bit more air, runs a bit cooler. it a bit more efficient and has an EGR provision.
Enhancements to an already well designed package.

Yes we know all that! How does it feel? Could you tell a difference?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Yes we know all that! How does it feel? Could you tell a difference?

My only drive time has been on the track. No around the town yet.
Drivability and power will be similar with the advantage going to the Gen 2

elcobrita

Established Member
Quick question guys,

Has anybody ran the 2.5 pulley successfully? Im in the process of upping the boost and going e85. I just dont know if I should go with a 2.5 or 2.6 till I go with a 3"/4lb.

I have metco idlers with a 90mm aux idler

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Quick question guys,

Has anybody ran the 2.5 pulley successfully? Im in the process of upping the boost and going e85. I just dont know if I should go with a 2.5 or 2.6 till I go with a 3"/4lb.

I have metco idlers with a 90mm aux idler

I would not suggest the 2.5" pulley. The 3.0/4lb on E85 will be deep in the 700 range!

elcobrita

Established Member

I would not suggest the 2.5" pulley. The 3.0/4lb on E85 will be deep in the 700 range!

I am at 4000ft above sea level. I probably wont see 20+lbs of boost at my elevation, hence I dont believe Ill make over 700hp with a 3/4lb. If i go with a 3/6lb lower to be 21-22lbs, will I be over spinning the blower?

YGETV8

Established Member
Kinda in the same boat...currently switching to E85 and have a 2.8 upper. Ordered a four pound lower....too much?

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm really surprised we're not seeing threads with pics of the gen 2 all over svtp.

Users who are viewing this thread