"Official" VMP TVS owner thread

Casper cobra

Established Member
Finally #20 done:banana:
Special thanks to Justin & Rick for the countinues support,
with 3" pulley, accufab TB, jlt RAI, 60lb, BA3000, VMP pump booster, VMP mail tune, the output on MD is :dancenana:
593 whp
577 wtq
16.7 psi
18*

We are waiting for the Shelby tb+elbow. Then will go with 2.8:beer:

TVS VERT

Established Member
with 3" pulley, accufab TB, jlt RAI, 60lb, BA3000, VMP pump booster, VMP mail tune, the output on MD is :dancenana:
593 whp
577 wtq
16.7 psi
18*

Great Numbers for 16psi of boost and only 18 degrees timing

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Just ordered my TVS and throttle body and 2.8 upper from TPS motorsports...... Should be here in 10 days or less. Tune scheduled for may 24th at Blankenship tuning!!! Can't wait

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
593 whp
577 wtq
16.7 psi
18*

longtubes?

do you live in a high altitude?

ughhhh... making me wanna switch .. impressive!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i'm trying to learn everyone's boost/pulley combo too .. 16.7# on a 3" sounds about right(i've seen some have really high boost)

i'm curious what the gt500 inlet and tb will add alone to a setup:??:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
You made 611 with a whipple on 16psi of boost?? thats 20psi numbers ......whats your secret :shrug:

16.5-17# .. i have longtubes .. thats not 20lbs with longtubes and 93 (plus at sea level as well)

im not against making the switch .. i just hope to read more and more good reviews on the tvs at 17#s before switching

gotta justify the $$ it will cost me ya know..

Last edited:

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
here's my pulls from Justin' mobile dyno at mir yesterday. it was running a bit hot on iat temps, Justin said it was making 15 degrees timing after computer pulled 3 due to being hot. afr's could use some smoothing out but i'm gonna wait til the return system goes in this weel to get that worked on and see how much more we ca get out of it then.
20130503_192714_zpseb38c1bb.jpg

Last edited:

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
93 octane pump gas, tuned for 18 degrees but Justin said ecu pulled 3 degrees from high iat2 temps so that was on 15 degrees. boost was at 20.57psi and afr's were a tad on the fat side. i'm almost out of pumps so its dialed back some and a lil rich for safety til my return system comes in. i just ordered lethals budget return with the stryker 340's last week so once that comes in i'll be trying to get some more out of it!
my drive was close to 2 hrs to the track and i wasnt even there 15 minutes before hitting the dyno and not much cool down between pulls. it was kinda hot but my heat exchanger and higher volume pump work very well as my temps while cruising go way down and i was seeing around 110-115 in mid 70degree ambient yesterday. even doing pulls (on the highway) my temps didnt even get above 120-125! he said its got some more in it had it been a lil cooler and not pulled timing but i am super stoked at the numbers. i'll get some more data for you guys once i get the new fuel system installed and dialed in. Thanks VMP and Woodbine Motorsports!

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
Went to get data logs on my car over the weekend, I must have been sent the wrong upper pulley because my car broke up on the dyno at 4500rpm and made 23lbs of boost. I ordered a 3.2" upper for my 4#, ANy ideas why my car would be making such high boost with lt's and and of road mid pipe?

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Went to get data logs on my car over the weekend, I must have been sent the wrong upper pulley because my car broke up on the dyno at 4500rpm and made 23lbs of boost. I ordered a 3.2" upper for my 4#, ANy ideas why my car would be making such high boost with lt's and and of road mid pipe?

What is your upper pulley size?
On my car a 3.0/4lb makes ~21.5lbs
With a 3.2/4lb makes ~19-20lbs

Users who are viewing this thread