Oh god, Whipple 4.0 for 03/04

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
with enough CIs the blower will make 1000 hp. easy. Lethal has done 1000+ on E85 on their 2010 GT500. My car is a former life made 960 on E85

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Okay, so 5.3L, Stage 3 Heads, Cams, and E85, 1000rwhp is no problem? Holy crap that would be 9.3L's. How many CI is that?

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Wow, that is just awesome! I will price this out, might be selling my Turbo's soon.

GodStang

Established Member
There is a HUGE difference between a 5.4L with Ford GT Heads and a 4.6L with stock heads. I do not know the guys build or what his plans on boost are but unless he has a serious engine he will be very sad.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Depends on what you want out of your car IMO. If you want a monster of a car that does nothing but roast tire from 80+ rolls then go for that 4.0 whipple. With turbos you might not have as much get up and go at lower RPMS but it will be a highway monster and easier to maintain at lower speeds.

Edited to add: Honestly the older I get the less high HP street cars seem fun to me, I mean sure its cool and all that you can make big numbers and run a little faster but the higher the HP the quicker shit breaks. 600rwhp is more then enough for a street car IMO.

Last edited:

BajaBoy

Established Member
Depends on what you want out of your car IMO. If you want a monster of a car that does nothing but roast tire from 80+ rolls then go for that 4.0 whipple. With turbos you might not have as much get up and go at lower RPMS but it will be a highway monster and easier to maintain at lower speeds.

Edited to add: Honestly the older I get the less high HP street cars seem fun to me, I mean sure its cool and all that you can make big numbers and run a little faster but the higher the HP the quicker shit breaks. 600rwhp is more then enough for a street car IMO.

im not too old yet but i completely agree.

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Oh, I'm not completely set set on it, I have two 6165 turbos here in my garage, that is probably the path I will take.

slvr35th

Established Member
Matt down at gear heads is building a 4.0 blower car with a 5.3 stroker motor gonna be a sick bitch when it's done!!!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
There is a HUGE difference between a 5.4L with Ford GT Heads and a 4.6L with stock heads. I do not know the guys build or what his plans on boost are but unless he has a serious engine he will be very sad.

Exactly! A 4.6L is going to have a hell of time trying to reach 1000rwhp blower only. Even with a Procharger F2M pushing over 30# I don't see it being very likely, especially in a street car. 4.0L Whipple would be even less likely than the F2M.

Users who are viewing this thread