oil and water sender

natecosta

Established Member
just a quick question i just bought 2 autometer phantom gauges today and lookin to install. does anyone know where i can find a diagram where the location of my oil temp and water temp senders could be found, i figured near the thermastat and next to the filter. thanks a lot

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
oil sender right by the cooler/filter, theres an allen plug in the housing there that you take out to use for the aftermarket gauge fitting. water temp is on the crossover tube, i pulled the stocker and used a tee for 5 bucks that holds the aftermarket as well. next? :D

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Jack up your car and look right below the driver side exhuast manifold and there is just a bolt in the block(dont know what for). But If you remove this bolt most of your coolant will pour out and you can put your water temp sender in this spot. This is in my opinion the best spot for the sender, Its the same spot I used on my Cobra it gets a very accurate reading and you dont see any wires. Autometer supplied enough fitting to make it work when I did it.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
b dub said:
oil sender right by the cooler/filter, theres an allen plug in the housing there that you take out to use for the aftermarket gauge fitting. water temp is on the crossover tube, i pulled the stocker and used a tee for 5 bucks that holds the aftermarket as well. next? :D

hey, where could i hook up my oil press. gauge if i am gonna be running my vortech supply line from the area you stated above?

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
ju015dd said:
hey, where could i hook up my oil press. gauge if i am gonna be running my vortech supply line from the area you stated above?
simple, just go buy a tee and run both from that same hole.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
natecosta said:
just a quick question i just bought 2 autometer phantom gauges today and lookin to install. does anyone know where i can find a diagram where the location of my oil temp and water temp senders could be found, i figured near the thermastat and next to the filter. thanks a lot
didnt catch your post count at first, welcome to the site. :beer:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Nobody has just 1 post, Newbie. JK ... welcome to the Forums, Nate.

I can see a lot of the old familiar questions at the starting gate. Remember to look at the "Sticky" FAQ: SN95 common issues.. There's a lot of good information in there. A repair manual will be extremely helpful while you're "learning" the Cobra. Auto Zone has a fair priced manual ... Haynes.

Last edited:

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
I just used the hole where the factory pressure sender is and tee'd them right there it was a little tougher to do then I though ubt the reading from it actually turned out a little better than from my buddy that placed his in the other hole.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
b dub said:
oil sender right by the cooler/filter, theres an allen plug in the housing there that you take out to use for the aftermarket gauge fitting. :D

...so THAT's what that allen head screw is there for...

:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread