OIl Breather for intake side

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
Im looking ot purchase an Oil breather for the intake side... I want to replace the line that goes from the crank case to the inlet tube... i dont want the pre filter thing that keeps and uses the tube...i want the breather that looks like a little mini K&N filter.... ive been looking all over for one, cant find. Whre can I purchase one?
thanks!

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
perfect....thanks. Any tips on what you guys are using to plug the hole in the intake tube when using a breather cap like this?

Romans8:28

Established Member
Vacuum cap...... < $1.00 at any autoparts store

While you are there you can buy a breather filter too for about $6.00, unless you just want the Ford Racing version

Last edited:

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
Ive tried 2 breather caps at this point... the FRPP one listed above, and a $9.99 one from AutoZone... i cant fit either of those suckers in. THe FRPP one claims its for a 1.25inch diamter hole, and there is just no way that thing is fitting. even witthout a grommet that thing cant fit. Anyone know what size we need to fit? It looks like 1 inch might work, but im searching far and wide and cant find oen that fits a 1 inch hole.
If anyone knows, its on this forum!
thanks

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
should get re-tuned after cause your STFT will be way off.

Is there any proof of this?? Or do you have any proof? Because the way I look at it is there is such a small amount of unmetered air, if any, that unless you are running an extremely "on the edge" tune you should have absolutely no problems at all with one of these.

But I am no tuner nore do I completely understand why people run the breather in the first place.

I know this has been a much debated subject and many say you can't easily tune the car with a breather, or it has a large effect on the current tune, while other say it has absolutely no effect on the tune or A/F ratio.

OP do you have a wideband?

Does anyone have any written data that the breather has an effect on the tune in any way? It seems there is a lot of here say with no actual proof. I'm not in any way trying to argue your statemement Matt i'm just trying to get some input on the negative effects of the breather.

:beer:

Josh

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Is there any proof of this?? Or do you have any proof? Because the way I look at it is there is such a small amount of unmetered air, if any, that unless you are running an extremely "on the edge" tune you should have absolutely no problems at all with one of these.

But I am no tuner nore do I completely understand why people run the breather in the first place.

I know this has been a much debated subject and many say you can't easily tune the car with a breather, or it has a large effect on the current tune, while other say it has absolutely no effect on the tune or A/F ratio.

OP do you have a wideband?

Does anyone have any written data that the breather has an effect on the tune in any way? It seems there is a lot of here say with no actual proof. I'm not in any way trying to argue your statemement Matt i'm just trying to get some input on the negative effects of the breather.

:beer:

Josh

I have a wideband permanently installed, when i tried it the car ran normal and the wideband readings didn't change.

when i datalogged the STFT's were almost at max correction. Meaning, during much colder conditions (like winter) the un-metered air could go beyond the correction ability of the STFT and go slightly lean during normal driving.

I have nothing against running a intake side breather, all im saying is do it right by re-tunning the lower end of your MAF transfer function to account the less air coming through the MAF when in vacuum.

I do agree with your statement "the way I look at it is there is such a small amount of unmetered air". It really only affects Idle and very light throttle.

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Hmmm.... Interesting, I have heard so many times that the breather would not effect the tune as well as the opposite. The car could always be thrown on the dyno to get a reading before having the tune adjusted. I hear what you are saying with the STFT's, I guess with the opportunity to get more dense air in the motor as well as more oxygenated fuel being at the pumps in the winter the tune could have a lean issue but it just seems like unless the tune is very lean from the get go you shuldn't have to worry about having an issue. Always better to be safe that sorry though.

Thanks for the info Matt :beer:

Josh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread