Oil Catch Can, do you have one?

RiChie

mOdifi3d!
Established Member
I know I do not have a 03-04 Cobra but need some input. I am thinking about adding a oil catch module to my 2V Turbo setup. It is only a small amount of oil mist coming out of my breather valves but I would like it to go to this canister instead. Do you have one on your setup? I am eyeballing the GReddy Oil Catch Tank 15mm and also heard a few things about the Hermann oil catch. Maybe I can get some more information from someone that already has one on their car? I wanted to get some second opinions before I make the purchase. Thanks.

Some canisters Jeg carries Catch Cans ... and a few Moroso .. and one from Steeda.

RiChie

mOdifi3d!
Established Member
OOook 20+ views and still no reply?!? There has to be atleast several terminators on this board that has an oil catch system right? :shrug:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Try giving it more time between replies. A lot of people don't visit the board during daytime hours. And yes, there are many people running various catch cans. Do a search and you will have enough reading material to keep you busy long after someone replies to this thread. :thumbsup:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Unless you have an intercooler, I don't see any point to it. I put on on because the oil was gumming up the intercooler under the SC. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I used a small filter unit I bought at WalMart. About $15. Then removed the filter element since it works without it and just gets soaked with oil.

ndrcvr

RiChie

mOdifi3d!
Established Member
slimpickuns said:
or do it right and buy the AMW catchcan

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm

Thanks, I like that product! I just got off the phone with Todd from AMW and that is one of the nicest tech guys I have spoken to. Detailed product description, attractive product, and excellent customer service! I think this is the one I will go with! :thumbsup:

Helomech74

Established Member
I have a Moroso catch can. I plumbed -10 AN lines from the valve covers to a -10 Tee, to the catch can. I mounted it to the fuse box metal frame between the battery, next to the washer fluid reservoir. It turned out pretty nice. I got the short one, it's about 9.5" tall with the breather filter on top. It clears the hood just fine, but required a little fab work to make a mount to bolt it to.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
an interesting read written by RWTD over at ModularFords. Check it out.http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85651
Thanks for posting this. I think the author was addressing the issue of boost bleeding back into the crankcase (blowing by the PCV valve) and then pushing gases/oil out through the passenger breather and into the inlet tube. However I think that is a separate issue from the oil vapor which is being constantly sucked into the intake through the PCV valve when not under boost. This dirty vapor then sludges up anything it comes into contact with which is the trade off for not venting these gases into the environment. It is my understanding that this sludge/gas is what catch can systems are used to prevent, however most catch can setups eliminate the PCV valve and any connection to the intake so boost bleeding into the crankcase would no longer be an issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread