Oil Catch Can is a must

PhatSVT

Established Member
I have been having issues of blowing smoke out the exhaust when WOT, especially in between 3rd to 4th gear shifts. I have had an oil catch can sitting on my shalves for an old project I had. I thought I would give it a shot. Now after installing the oil catch can I don't see any signs of smoke when giving the car hell. For such a cheap modification I recommend this to all coyote engines. Just wanted to share with you all. :beer:

ry%3D400

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Yeah I plan on getting one soon...but honestly other than the JLT ones they all look waay too big and bulky! The JLT ones are nice and inconspicuous.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Yeah I plan on getting one soon...but honestly other than the JLT ones they all look waay too big and bulky! The JLT ones are nice and inconspicuous.

They definitely serve their purpose and are a good investment. I like the JLT units, as well. Here is mine...

004-1.jpg

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Guys with the JLT cans how often are you having to empty them?

SirJAG

Established Member
1/2 full every 1000 miles. i try to empty it every 500 or so, more often when at the track a lot. 10 1/4 passes = about 1000miles of driving for me.

91Gtturbo

Established Member
I installed mine the day I brought my 13' home and checked it at 1K miles and it had what amounted to a couple tablespoons in it.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Those JLT's are nice. As UIN2iT said, the non JLT ones are bulky. Mine is one purchased off eBay about 3 years ago and is too big to be placed anywhere else. Those JLT's look almost factory they fit perfect.

04compgt

Established Member
I had the JLT Catch can and when I pulled my intake manifold off to put my boss intake on I had an intake full of oil. I went ahead and sold them and was glad to get my money back. I completely eliminated the PCV system and just ran a catch can with a breather and no PCV. Keep in mind I pulled my intake off at 1200 miles. I have 15k miles on my car now and my intake is bone dry!

bmore1186

Established Member
I just did a thread on the Bob's Auto Sport one that bought recently. They're barely any larger than the JLT, and I personally like that it is mounted and not free swinging around the engine bay.

bmitchell373

Established Member
The jlt dosent move that much. With the weight of the oil when its 1/2+ full on a dd car i could see it wearing on the pcv fittings. But even then its not bad.

Graboid

Established Member
I had the JLT Catch can and when I pulled my intake manifold off to put my boss intake on I had an intake full of oil. I went ahead and sold them and was glad to get my money back. I completely eliminated the PCV system and just ran a catch can with a breather and no PCV. Keep in mind I pulled my intake off at 1200 miles. I have 15k miles on my car now and my intake is bone dry!

I run JLT and the intake side hose still has oil in it also.

alex12gt

Established Member
Ive had mine on for 5k miles and it maybe has a .25 inch of oil in it......how in the heck are you guys getting them half full

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member

Pics? What's the best way to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread