Oil Consumption? Anyone else burning a TON of oil?

chico_mustangs

Established Member
So as of today I have owned my car for 1 month. Two weeks ago as soon as I put my exhaust and stuff on, stopped at a light an smelt oil burning and saw a cloud of smoke go by me. I figured it was one of the cars behind me and thought nothing of it. I got back to my place and decided it was a good idea to check my oil. Much to my surprise my dipstick was completely DRY! I checked it about 5 times just to make sure I wasn't missing something. Sure enough it was completely dry... I added 3 quarts just to bring it up to the full line. Keep in mind the car only had around 1500 miles on it at that point.

I waited a week later and added another quart! I went into my local Ford dealer and spoke to the service manager, he told me that their was nothing he could do because the car had such low mileage on it.

Today I went into my local dealer to have the door weather stripping replaced and asked the dealer themselves to check it for me. Sure enough it burnt another quart. So this makes a total of 5 quarts of oil that its burnt through in 3300 miles.

Has anyone had this problem? I could understand using a little bit of oil but this is insane! I am wondering what I should do... Obviously their is something wrong with my motor internally. I planned on putting a Ford Racing blower on the car but if it already uses this much oil being nearly stock how much will it use with a blower?

ZWilson07

Established Member
So as of today I have owned my car for 1 month. Two weeks ago as soon as I put my exhaust and stuff on, stopped at a light an smelt oil burning and saw a cloud of smoke go by me. I figured it was one of the cars behind me and thought nothing of it. I got back to my place and decided it was a good idea to check my oil. Much to my surprise my dipstick was completely DRY! I checked it about 5 times just to make sure I wasn't missing something. Sure enough it was completely dry... I added 3 quarts just to bring it up to the full line. Keep in mind the car only had around 1500 miles on it at that point.

I waited a week later and added another quart! I went into my local Ford dealer and spoke to the service manager, he told me that their was nothing he could do because the car had such low mileage on it.

Today I went into my local dealer to have the door weather stripping replaced and asked the dealer themselves to check it for me. Sure enough it burnt another quart. So this makes a total of 5 quarts of oil that its burnt through in 3300 miles.

Has anyone had this problem? I could understand using a little bit of oil but this is insane! I am wondering what I should do... Obviously their is something wrong with my motor internally. I planned on putting a Ford Racing blower on the car but if it already uses this much oil being nearly stock how much will it use with a blower?

id def take that back to the dealer and figure something out with ford. Obviously something is wrong and burning alot of oil especially with a new vehicle is ridiculous much less that kind of amount.

and what kind of excuse is we can't do anything about it because it has too low of miles?????? Thats like saying I wont **** this hot gorgeous girl dressed as a slut and wanting me because she's only had sex with 1 guy that was a bf of 4 years. Just doesn't make no damn sense.

id speak with the manager at the dealer asap and if no luck there go straight to ford's customer service.

Hope it all works out man, goodluck.

Last edited:

Quickstang5o

Established Member
If you saw smoke It might be leaking out and burning on the exhaust or something. I've read similar post on other sites but 1500 miles wow. Ive also heard cases of realy low oil levels right out the dealership.

grnenvy

Established Member
Do u have the complaint documented with Ford? If so put it back to stock and take it to another Ford dealership. Tell them your story and they should give u another engine. I would call your insurance company and make sure u have rental car just incase they don't give u one. Keep us posted.

scott_0

Established Member
is this stock or tuned? on another board you have a pic with a Boss intake and cai in your sig.............

ghill2011gt

Established Member
This maybe your problem. Previous post (Modded 2012 GT Dyno results LOCAL DYNO TUNER vs EVOLUTION TUNE)

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Their is no way a tune could cause the car to burn oil, plain and simple. As I stated when the exhaust and other parts went on I checked the oil and it was 3 quarts low then.

ghill2011gt

Established Member
Sounds like a oil leak to me,check around your Boss intake.

There isn't any oil going into the intake, Just air?

I would return it to stock and carefully disconnect the battery cable as to not make it obvious that it had been disconnected and then take it to another dealership.

Last edited:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
maybe its the ported boss intake! but seriously check number 8 plug if thats good ,,,get a jlt oil seperator and see how much oil is going through that way, if it is a bad pvc or somthing dumb?

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
My '11 GT is bone stock. And because of this thread, I went out and checked it and guess what.....not even on drop on the dipstick. The car was cold when I checked it. So I went over to the dealer this morning and picked up three quarts. The car took 2 full quarts to show full on the stick when cold. When I let it warm up, then checked it, it was at the half way mark on the stick between the two holes. Thanks to the OP for posting this up. Better safe than sorry. And by the way, my car is driven very hard and has 3600 miles.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
It is normal during break in to burn some oil.

Mine has stopped burning oil but over the first 3k miles it burned around 1/2 to 1 quart.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
My '11 GT is bone stock. And because of this thread, I went out and checked it and guess what.....not even on drop on the dipstick. The car was cold when I checked it. So I went over to the dealer this morning and picked up three quarts. The car took 2 full quarts to show full on the stick when cold. When I let it warm up, then checked it, it was at the half way mark on the stick between the two holes. Thanks to the OP for posting this up. Better safe than sorry. And by the way, my car is driven very hard and has 3600 miles.

You change your own oil or have it done somewhere? Seen too many cases where the idiots didn't realize how much oil these new 5.0's hold and didn't put enough back in it.

Users who are viewing this thread