Oil filter adapter fractured?

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a fracture in the oil filter adapter and it's starting to leak. Ford discontinued this part and there is not one available throughout the country at and Ford dealership, I checked MPS, CJ pony parts and LMR and no one has one, Does anyone know of a place to get one or a way to fix the existing one? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

98_Undertaker

Established Member
Are you taking about the oil cooler that the filter mounts to? If so I have the same issue and I'm doing a air to oil that eliminates that piece mostly because I couldn't find a factory cooler either

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I have a fracture in the oil filter adapter and it's starting to leak. Ford discontinued this part and there is not one available throughout the country at and Ford dealership, I checked MPS, CJ pony parts and LMR and no one has one, Does anyone know of a place to get one or a way to fix the existing one? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I have serviced tons of them and I cannot imagine how it's possible to fracture one.

Major certainty that your oil cooler o-rings have finally given up and need to be replaced.

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
The aluminum adapter that bolts to the block, its almost as though the filter was overtightened. If you turn the filter as you were tightening it you can see the adapter split apart at the crack.

Steve@Tasca

Odd failure, I just checked Ford, our obsolete supplier and the National parts locator and didn't find one anywhere.

-Steve

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I am going to be pulling it all apart this week and fixing it. If mine is fine except the O rings I will send it to you.

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks for the help everyone and the offer 98_undertaker. I found one at Prestige Mustang and had it shipped to me and my Cobra is at the shop now.

Users who are viewing this thread