Oil for 93 cobra

Boney

Established Member
My daughter bought a 1993 cobra last fall and it is ready for an oil change. It has 70,000 miles cai and flowmaster rest is stock. Any suggestions on what type of oil to use.

Thanks
Dave

Lee

Established Member
I use Mobil1, 10-30, with 71000 miles. Doesn't use or leak a drop. I also use the Mobil1 filter. Nothing's too good for my 93.

Boney

Established Member
Lee said:
I use Mobil1, 10-30, with 71000 miles. Doesn't use or leak a drop. I also use the Mobil1 filter. Nothing's too good for my 93.

You going to the Ford show at carlisle? My daughter will be there with her 93 cobra.

Dave

PJM99

Established Member
I use Mobil one with 70K miles.

When is Carlisle. I want to go but if it's in June I probably can't.

reyberg

Established Member
I use Royal Purple 5w30. I used it in my Saleen and had no problems and put over 30K miles on it. I have only had my Cobra for about 1K miles. As a matter of fact I use Royal Purple in the rear end, radiator and motor. I cost a little more...about $6.00 a quart, but as said before, nothing is too good for my Cobra. I have kind around the idea of using Amsoil but am not for sure. Plus I hear it is not good to change your brands of oil all the time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Did it have synthetic before? If it didn't I'd just run regular 10-30 with a motorcraft filter and strict intervals.
Just my opinion and saves cash.
However, I run full synthetic on my all my new motors/cars. -J

Lee

Established Member
I'm not totally sure what the first owner of my 93 used, I think he used Castrol Syntec, but I'm not sure. I've not worried about what the car had in the past, I just chang over to full synthetics when I buy a used vehicle. My 93 also have Mobil1 ATF in the T5 and Motorcraft synthetic gear oil in the rear end.

Hey Boney: I'm planning on being at Carlisle, but I'll probably not be bringing the 93. The last few years it's rained "cats and dogs" and I'd rather bring my old Expedition in that kind of weather.

Boney

Established Member
Lee said:
I'm not totally sure what the first owner of my 93 used, I think he used Castrol Syntec, but I'm not sure. I've not worried about what the car had in the past, I just chang over to full synthetics when I buy a used vehicle. My 93 also have Mobil1 ATF in the T5 and Motorcraft synthetic gear oil in the rear end.

Hey Boney: I'm planning on being at Carlisle, but I'll probably not be bringing the 93. The last few years it's rained "cats and dogs" and I'd rather bring my old Expedition in that kind of weather.

I know what you are talking about. We take the cars up Thursday or Friday depending on the weather. Then we leave them there until the weather clears. I have another daughter that lives in Carlisle.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread